Problems emailing your wii?

vagrant said:
You cannot open up a video file attachment with the wii period. Even in the correct format.

This should be expected.

Why would that be expected? This feature would make the message board better, why would we expect it NOT to be there?

Instead of assuming everyone will automatically know everything, how about being helpful and pointing out a source showing that you can not email videos to the Wii?

That would be helpful.

-Bobby

vagrant's a pretty smart dude. a little short sometimes but he knows what he's talking about so I don't really mind the occasional harshness. I'm worse for it when discussing things i'm pretty knowledgable on.

My manual said it plays .MOV files so that's what I tried. I guess I could run it through the converter program but it's still not worth it at this point, I was looking for proof of concept moreso than anything else. It'd bog their servers down BIG TIME to have people emailing movies so I can see why they wouldn't allow it. It's common sense even. Still, common sense rarely stands in my way.

I made it a motion jpeg when i exported it and got no love, I'm not foxing with any further attempts, I'm just gonna pick up a goddam SD card/reader combo tonight. Or tomorrow. Soon.

I wish this thing would stream movies from my computer, that'd be the ****. Then I wouldn't have such a huge bone-on for the iTV. Still, an iTV+Wii is cheaper than PS3 for people who bought it mostly for it's high def video goodness and not it's fun games (because, at least for now, the only fun games you can play for it are for PS2/PS1 anyhow, except that demo racere with the tilt steering, that **** was FUN) *AND* smaller!

jus. said:
vagrant's a pretty smart dude. a little short sometimes but he knows what he's talking about so I don't really mind the occasional harshness. I'm worse for it when discussing things i'm pretty knowledgable on.

Noted. Thx.

My manual said it plays .MOV files so that's what I tried. I guess I could run it through the converter program but it's still not worth it at this point, I was looking for proof of concept moreso than anything else. It'd bog their servers down BIG TIME to have people emailing movies so I can see why they wouldn't allow it. It's common sense even. Still, common sense rarely stands in my way.

Yeah my Digicam outputs .MOV so I thought Wii would be abel to play straight from my SD, sadly no. Once ran through the Wii converter program they were .avi files and played flawless on the wii. the puzles are fun with videos.

I made it a motion jpeg when i exported it and got no love, I'm not foxing with any further attempts, I'm just gonna pick up a goddam SD card/reader combo tonight. Or tomorrow. Soon.

Even once you put the movies on the SD card... it has to be in the correct format. The only movies I have been able to play are the ones ran through the converter. I have done that with both MOV and MPEG movies.

I wish this thing would stream movies from my computer, that'd be the ****. Then I wouldn't have such a huge bone-on for the iTV. Still, an iTV+Wii is cheaper than PS3 for people who bought it mostly for it's high def video goodness and not it's fun games (because, at least for now, the only fun games you can play for it are for PS2/PS1 anyhow, except that demo racere with the tilt steering, that **** was FUN) *AND* smaller!

With the USB ports and time Im sure you will be able to stream from your computer onto your TV.

-Bobby

got the SD card/card reader.

it's played everything I output from Quicktime Pro as a Motion Jpeg in quicktime ".mov" format. I only got a 512meg card though and these files are pretty big, I compress 'em a bit in quicktime but I'm still trying to find the best quality/size trade off. i'm glad they play from the card and I don't have to copy them first, I think I'll grab a 2 gig card later in the week maybe. I'm sure it works in any container format, as long as it's a motion jpeg. So that would include .mov's and .avi's, maybe more, not too sure. Maybe we should start a Wii Movie type thread or rename this one.

Hi i have a different problem emailing to my wii, i added my hotmail account to my wii then i replied to the email from my hotmail account, but i cannot send emails to my wii or from my wii!! I have sent a few from hotmail but they never seem to arrive and i cannot send them from my wii to hotmail as the send message bit is not clickable. I know this works as i have sent emails to my brothers hotmail account and have got replies any ideas????

before you can email to/from your wii you have to wait some sort of amount of time (it's not fixed, I've had it take 2ish and 30ish hours with my friends) before you'll be able.

2GB are supposedly the largest cards Wii will accept and NOT high speed ones. I've not tested or heard of anyone else doing this.

And 8GB are also the largest I've seen, must be the limit.

Now. Audio. In case you guys don't know, PCM uncompressed audio is freaking HUGE, I'm thinking in some cases, depending on how compressed your movie is(in quicktime the motion jpeg quality slider would be further to the left for more compression/less quality) your audio portion may be a much larger size than your video portion. AAC audio does not work. I haven't heard of the remaining codecs available to me so I'm not particularly eager to try them all. Does anyone have any experience getting audio from different codecs? MP3 maybe?

well i've waited 24 hours lol and still nothing!! i also emailed my friend and they got the email which says reply to this which they did but i can't click on there name to send an image. The only difference is that my brothers email account was hotmail.co.uk and mine is .com i doubt this would make a difference though so i'm stumped and annoyed lol

grayed out means it's not accepted on both sides yet... just keep waiting

what format do pictures have to be in to send them from your e-mail to your wii? I tried to e-mail a JPEG and Bitmap picture and they didn't show up in the Message Board section of the Picture Channel.

jpeg, under 1.5 meg, try to make it like 600k

so last night just before i was about to turn off my pc i thought i'll try and reply to the email the wii sends to your email account, this was like the 10th time i replied to it so i wrote "Oy nintendo sort it out and let me email my own account!!" so i turned off my pc and went to my room and what did i see?? thats right the wii flashing blue light it actually worked!! so if anyone has this problem bad mouth nintendo lol still not able to send mail to my friends account and they added me 24 hours but i added myself!! So today is pretty good day and the forecast channel is open 24 hours earlier :yikes:

Back