PS3 Question (PAL region)

CrocoLylee

mnehh
Jan 27, 2009
Greenock, Scotland.
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
I am considering buying a ps3.

A main appeal to me would be the ability to play my ps2 games.

Is there any way the new models could do this maybe through talk of a software update etc.?

Thanks and apologies if I came across as quite noobish. :thumbsup:

I love my 60GB model!!

And they said that we were crazy jumping on those early models at 500 bucks! ;)

Yup, I looked into this recently. Like stated above the older PS3s like the 20GB/60GB/80GB(only the orginal 80GB, CECHE01) are backwards compatible. There is no way to retrofit a newer model to play PS1/2 games without going inside and swapping parts out.

Those specific models are going for $400+ used on eBay, if I end up getting one I'll wait for the price drop(soon) and keep the PS2.

Yup, I looked into this recently. Like stated above the older PS3s like the 20GB/60GB/80GB(only the orginal 80GB, CECHE01) are backwards compatible. There is no way to retrofit a newer model to play PS1/2 games without going inside and swapping parts out.

Those specific models are going for $400+ used on eBay, if I end up getting one I'll wait for the price drop(soon) and keep the PS2.

just wanted to make somthing clear, every ps3 can play ps1 games. its ps2 thats exclusive to the 20/60/80.

i have a 40, plays my ps1 games fine, cool feature you may not know about is putting a PS1 game in your ps3 and playing it on your PSP from any hot spot you have access too. i used to do that when i had a psp lol.

cool feature you may not know about is putting a PS1 game in your ps3 and playing it on your PSP from any hot spot you have access too. i used to do that when i had a psp lol.

I use this feature every time I can!

Back