question about online gameplay..

This is what first surprised me about the wii, was it having bluetooth, as its generally line of site though they say 10 metres for the best use and can be a bit hit and miss. However from reports it seems to work quite well.

it will most likely be bluetooth, and i doubt it would be usb, as you could easily pull the console down, and you would run out quickly

sheppy124 said:
This is what first surprised me about the wii, was it having bluetooth, as its generally line of site though they say 10 metres for the best use and can be a bit hit and miss. However from reports it seems to work quite well.
Bluetooth isn't line of sight, IR is, which is only used for the pointer. But yes, the controllers are bluetooth.

As for friend codes...
The Wii improved over the DS in a few different ways:
1: The code is system-wide, no more individual codes
2: There is a set communication system. You can send messages to one another through WC24 on the message board. So now, you don't have to be both logged in to the same game at the same time to communicate
3: (I assume) no more having to add friends for each individual game. I'm guessing if you get WC24 games, they will automatically syncronise your friends list.

registerednerd said:
Bluetooth isn't line of sight, IR is, which is only used for the pointer. But yes, the controllers are bluetooth.

As for friend codes...
The Wii improved over the DS in a few different ways:
1: The code is system-wide, no more individual codes
2: There is a set communication system. You can send messages to one another through WC24 on the message board. So now, you don't have to be both logged in to the same game at the same time to communicate
3: (I assume) no more having to add friends for each individual game. I'm guessing if you get WC24 games, they will automatically syncronise your friends list.

so #2 basically rules out any chance of online games having lobbies etc?

casue i dont see how with system codes youll be able to load a game up, go online, and jump into a random room with random people. thats kinda a piss off.

Back