Questions....

Itkovian

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2007
My daughter will be getting a Wii for Christmas from her grandmother...she's 7.

Any recommendations? I'm a PC guy, with absolutely no console knowledge.

I've read the newbie thread, and while comprehensive and extremely useful, doesn't address my questions specifically...

I think she's also getting the Wii-Play package...for the second controller maybe?

Suggestions for "must have" games, hardware, etc? I've seen a charging stand out there...it that necessary? How long do charges last normally? WHat about that crossbow thingy? Will I require one of them? How do I know what games require what?

Hope this is the right place to get those sorts of answers!

Thanks.

A tv is #1 thing you should have a Wii-mote charger is #2 thing you should and idk about what games i just rent i have 2 wii's and no games and maybe some wii points to get some fun nes games

- Chargers: IMO just get the normal rechargeable batteries, e.g. Energizer. Both
the nyko charging station and energizer rechareable batteries are NiMH.

- Controllers: for every wiimote get a nunchuck. Not entirely sure about the crossbow/zapper, but I'm pretty sure it's optional, e.g. Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 can be played with just the wiimote+nunchuck or wiimote+nunchuck+zapper.

- Games for kids: Check here. Mario & Sonic can be fun for younger children as well.

well u don't need the crossbow thing it jus comes with the wii zapper which is made for shootin games....It would b ur best bet to buy a charge station....I spent over 80 dollars in batterys in 2 weeks before I got it and the charge lasts for 5-6 hours....The best game to get that is age suitable for ur daughter would b Super Mario Galaxy, Mario and Sonic @ the Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Games like that and if u r interested to try some games on it then I say get Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will b out in febuary...there are more so jus ask anytime:)

hey,
since your daughter is 7 thats a tough call. i would go with super monkey ball: banana blitz, or rayman raving rabbids (if i were you i'd get the first one not the second the second was criticized for not really building on the 1st.) if she's a hardcore little gal maybe super paper mario would be good, its like the old mario games (side scrolling platformer) and sometimes you can press A to make the world flip and become 3d. it depends on her skill level really. charge stand i would NOT get, because thats only for recharchable batteries which the wii-mote does not come with. even if the stand did i wouldnt get it. the crossbow thing is a mini game type thing that comes with the wii zapper which is esentially just a dock to set your wii remote and nunchuck up like a tommy gun, for on-rails shooters. if youre getting wii play, that comes with a wii-mote but NOT a nunchuk, so you may need a SECOND nunchuk to play some games.

you can tell what games use whaton the back of the game in one of the corners there are little icons that say what they use. PS the wii zapper is NOT required for any game at all, it just sets up the controller in a way that is supposed to be "more fun" for some games :/

mario party 8 also might be good

recommend games: Warioware Smooth move, Pokemon Battle Revolution (if she is into Pokemon), Cooking Mama : Cook Off (if she like to cook things), Geometry Wars : Galaxies, Wii play and Raymna Raving Rabbids 1 or 2

Suggested Games:

- Mario Party Eight
- Carnival Games
- Elebits
- Wario Ware Smooth Moves
- Super Mario Galaxy (may be a bit challenging)

You may also want to check out some of these games:

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?N=138+186

Last edited:
If your kid is a musical genius then Guitar Hero 3 would be good too :), like this 9 yr old kid. Yikes! Btw, GH3 is somewhat hard to find and it's mono-output only right now. A recall/replacement is supposed to happen early next year.

Don't get the Nyko Recharge Base, your better off using normal rechargeable batteries and recharging them in a normal battery recharger. Its better for battery life if you let it run dry and charge it up again, than it is to use a little bit and top it up.

for a seven year old girl, if she's really into disney princess' they have a game called -- enchanted journey, it's pretty cute.

barnyard is pretty fun too. and not to mention cheap. the only place i was able to find it was walmart. & it was twenty dollars.

hopefully that helped a little =]

a little girl i babysit also loves playing cookin' mama. she's also 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
D1nner said:
^That game is way too hard for a 7 year old =X.
No it isn't!! My sister's only 6 and she plays on medium and can do some songs in hard. I would get your kid this. My little sister is 6 and she loves this game. Her friend is 2 years older and she loves it too. Get it. I guaranty she will like it and you will too.

deffinately get rechargable AA's that are the nickel metal hydride kind.I use rayovack rechargables.I heard the nyko thing was good and it comes with a rubber battery cover for better grip.

Back