RE Outbreak 2 Dead

sagema

3D Artist
Dec 5, 2006
NY
Wii Online Code
4496-9128-1304-3457
Another PS2 game is no longer up. Sony seems to be closing more and more of their PS2 game servers. I'll miss File #2. It was a great game to play online. Does anyone know if the PS3 is hosting games like MGO, Outbreak, Socom Online?

That's the only flaw of online gaming

I regret to say that I never connected my PS2 online....well, I couldn't. But now that I can, Sony seems set on dropping all the ones I'm interested in. Oh well, I'm not that into online gaming anyways...

It was a great game. No monthly fee. It had a set up similar to PSO where you could play offline or online. The best parts were the additions of infinite ammo servers, and event servers where we got new trials each week with crazy bonuses. The game had 9 stages and a tutorial stage for those new to RE. The only downside was it's lack of voice chat. I had a friend on the phone while I played so it went well with me.

Capcom also had events on their website where you could earn points and win free stuff. I won Street Fighter 2 Anniversary, 3 Outbreak Guides, a Vietiful Joe Guide and a T-shirt.

I never played online with m PS2 either in fact I have yet to own an online game

I really wish I had played this and PSO

well considering the price of most MMO's ($15 a month) and Xbox's is ($4 a month) divide that by like 500 games that use servers and there is not much to distribute

So I assume it was an FPS, what made it different from other FPS's

WiiZero said:
well considering the price of most MMO's ($15 a month) and Xbox's is ($4 a month) divide that by like 500 games that use servers and there is not much to distribute

So I assume it was an FPS, what made it different from other FPS's
are..you..assuming RE outbreak was a FPS??????????:ee5k:

I know the traditional RE but I assumed this was an FPS because online horror game aren't really that big so will you just tell me what it was

WiiZero said:
I know the traditional RE but I assumed this was an FPS because online horror game aren't really that big so will you just tell me what it was
yah its basically the traditional RE but online with i think up to 4 players, and you do scenarios from previous REs and new made up ones as well
hopefully re5 will have an online >.>

Oh from the way he described it I didn't think so

It's pretty much like playing Resident Evil 1-3 offline. The puzzles, zombies, and everything else is well preserved. It's just like a classic horror movie. The player doing the dumb things is probably going to be the first to die. You also split up a lot too. Classic horror movie setup. A zombie can break through a window and pull you to your death. The Elephant was scary! It threw me into the next zone!

Back