Red Steel Music

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
Found the following article on IGN about Red Steel's music.

October 10, 2006 - Publisher Ubisoft today announced that critically acclaimed composer Tom Salta will supply the soundtrack for the company's forthcoming Wii first-person shooter, Red Steel. Salta previously constructed the moody music for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, which
was nominated for Best videogame Score at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards.

Red Steel takes gamers through both modern city streets and traditional Japanese backdrops, and that being true Salta opted for a score that combined both edgy and ambient music. Listeners will find everything from orchestral to electronic, rock, hip hop, dance, easy listening, jazz, lounge and Japanese pop in the title.

According to Ubisoft, the composer used such instruments as the Koto, Shamisen, Shakuhaci and Taiko, all performed by such Japanese musicians as the percussion group Taikoza. In addition, the Red Steel soundtrack includes opera singers and expert violinists.

"Tom Salta has found the perfect balance between Japanese traditional music, classic Hollywood score and various modern styles," said Manu Bachet, music supervisor for Red Steel. "He has composed the most exciting soundtrack I've ever worked on at Ubisoft."
Source

Glad to hear (no pun intended) the music production is going well. This game is really looking to be to notch.

Oh, and Ubisoft gave IGN the following music clips which both sound nice; I like the choir one the best.

J-Pop (1.5MBs)

Choir (3MBs)

Akaymay said:
Haha, I liked the Choir one, but the J-pop was kinda scary...
Yeah, I didn't really like the J-pop that much. Hopefully it's only in one level.

The choir reminds me a bit of Halo's music, which I LOVE!:D

Back