Resident Evil 4 graphic Help!!!!

chach said:
he never said anything about true 16:9 look at his second post :rolleyes:

lol sometimes I cant believe you are actually serious about what you type. Too quick to defend a product and call other people idiots.

JoonKim.

RE4 is just a port, as you know. Sadly it will look horrible on a HDTV, even worse on an LCD or Plasma. RE4 looks best on the PC, the PS2's version has the best lighting and decent contrast. The gamecube, as far as consoles go, has richer colors and looks decent. The Wii version doesnt seem to be the best looking out of the ports. If you dont mind that, then the controls are why to get it.

Other than that, I feel for ya. Good news is, you can probably find the GC version used for very cheap somewhere and own both RE4 types for the price of one full on game. Cant beat that.

The Fifth said:
Re4 looks awesome in 16x9 and 480p on my 42" Plasma. Not sure what your doing wrong.

me to...my hdtv does'nt switch to 480i when i play it...it stay in 480p so it is in 480p....and it display in 16x9..true or not true 16x9 it still looks awsome to me......common its a 2 year old game with no major graphics updates...

Personally, I just bought it for the new controller and only for this and the ps2 bonus... its worth it...

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
lol sometimes I cant believe you are actually serious about what you type. Too quick to defend a product and call other people idiots.

JoonKim.

RE4 is just a port, as you know. Sadly it will look horrible on a HDTV, even worse on an LCD or Plasma. RE4 looks best on the PC, the PS2's version has the best lighting and decent contrast. The gamecube, as far as consoles go, has richer colors and looks decent. The Wii version doesnt seem to be the best looking out of the ports. If you dont mind that, then the controls are why to get it.

Other than that, I feel for ya. Good news is, you can probably find the GC version used for very cheap somewhere and own both RE4 types for the price of one full on game. Cant beat that.

Thanks...that's what I thought.
I believe PS2, Gamecube games look better on CRT than HDTV because they were not meant to be played for HDTV but IGN and some other websites kept lying about how it supports true 16:9 and progressive scan, even though all they did was stretching 4:3 screen and make it fit to widescreen(although I still see about 2cm black box on each side of the screen). I know that there is no graphical improvement but I was hoping that they at least fix the technical problem for wii and HDTV users this time.

I gotta side wit chach or wutever his name is. IGN didnt lie im playin it right now on my 43 inch plasma HD looking crystal clear i am loving it. You know You plus in the blue cable into the blue socket and so and so forth. Cause your tv sucks or ur doing something wrong

well im keeping in mind this is from someone who has Zelda TP is a kiddie game nd worst zelda on ther sig....unless that a quote.
There are multiple people saying it works, obviously you are doing something wrong or something your TV doesnt support, i just played it hours ago on a 55" in 16x9 , maybe you dont know how to use component cables.... my cables my cables are great....if you think Wii sports looks better you know nothing about video games or computers and stop flaming Chach its stupid he was just trying to let you know it works

Thanks orgasm lol...

I just realized how ridiculous your user name is.

We must be really lucky to have gotten a special edition wii ;)

JoonKimDDS said:
Thanks...that's what I thought.
I believe PS2, Gamecube games look better on CRT than HDTV because they were not meant to be played for HDTV but IGN and some other websites kept lying about how it supports true 16:9 and progressive scan, even though all they did was stretching 4:3 screen and make it fit to widescreen(although I still see about 2cm black box on each side of the screen). I know that there is no graphical improvement but I was hoping that they at least fix the technical problem for wii and HDTV users this time.

My HDTV is CRT....

I guess some people here just don't know what crystal clear means.
I also thought ps1 was crystal clear so...I guess I can't blame you guys.

and I guess I can't blame people who think it supports true 16:9 because those people never played RE4 for GC.
I also thought ps1 supports widescreen when I stretched it so...I guess I can't blame you guys.

Here is just 1 tip how to find whether the graphic is clear as it supposed to be or not.
Remember when you start the game, it says "security reminder...tie the wiimote to your wrist" and stuff? compare the clarity of those letters to the same screen
of wiisport.

Last edited:
Back