Resident Evil 5 Petition :)

I've read from a lot of insiders, that PS3 is one of the most unfriendly systems ever to program games for. Because of it's cell processor, and it's capabilities the PS3 is a very tough system to program for. This means that companies have to put a lot of effort into a game, and be very dedicated to the PS3.

Now look at the floundering sales figures. If the PS3 doesn't improve its sales figures and has a considerably smaller market share, how many game developers are going to want to put in that much time and capitol toward developing PS3 games?

Lastly the sales figures don't look to change much. The Christmas season really has little no major games being released for the PS3 (GTA was delayed), while it has massive releases wii (SSBB Mario: Galaxy), and Halo 3 will have been out for a few months to bolster X-Box credibility.

Sovieto said:
@squall. step back in gameplay mechanics for who?
For people that have played and prefer the Wiimote's controls over the clunky PS2/GC versions.

+ not everyone thinks motion controls are better.
I've seen very few people say it doesn't enhance the gameplay, and literally nobody that says it made it worse.

also, if there werent a lotttttttt of kids playing the wii why would it be so kiddy?
Because it's appealing to everyone, Duh! The lowest common denominator is family games and kids games, which is why there's quite a few of them. However, there's also quite a few Mature and Teen ones too.

Last edited:
Just because the wii appeals to all age groups does not make it "kiddy" but I will say that I'm glad RE5 is going to be on 360 and PS3. This is one series that I want to see looking the best it can.

Look, it's not reasonably possible to redo the graphics of RE5, they have to redesign the entire game. From scratch. And the motion controls are extremely important to me Sovieto, why in the world would I choose a Wii over the Xbox 360 or PS3 if not for the enhanced controller options. We all know Nintendo tends to a younger crowd, that's been the problem for years. And the only reason a lot of us are still faithful to Nintendo is because of their time spent in the gaming world. They have been here since the beginning. The Wii just couldn't keep up with the Xbox 360 and the PS3 but it's certainly made up for it with these new controllers.

Mingus said:
Look, it's not reasonably possible to redo the graphics of RE5, they have to redesign the entire game. From scratch.
Depends really. I mean, you have to factor in that they wouldn't have to do a lot of design work, voice work and such. The game would already be completed, and theoretically that would alleviate quite a bit.

Sure, they would need to redesign the polygon models, bland down some of the textures and such, but it wouldn't be too bad.

Besides, the only people who know what will be entailed for a Wii version of this, are developers. Whatever problems or solutions we come up with on this site are only theoretical. And theoretically if they can make a profit by doing a Wii version, I say they should go for it.

Mingus said:
We all know Nintendo tends to a younger crowd, that's been the problem for years. And the only reason a lot of us are still faithful to Nintendo is because of their time spent in the gaming world.

If this is a problem then why is nintendo doing so well? Personally I'm faithful to video games in general but the reason I've stuck with nintendo for the most part is because they make the best games. Out of any system (I've owned at least one console from each major company) I've spent the most time playing nintendo games, they're just addicting.

Remember, Hiroyuki Kobayashi said Resident Evil 4 would appear on the PS2 "over my dead body". At the time there was outcry from Sony quarters and GC fans were lapping it up but reality kicks in, Capcom see the financial reward and port it over (scaled down) anyway.

It's simple maths - if the time and cost to redevelop for the Wii outweighs a possible return on investment then they would not consider it but if they think they can make money, like someone said earlier, they will develop the title for any system.

Capcom did not decide to develop RE5 for Xbox and PS3 because they believe in art direction, better visuals for story telling and integrity. They did so because (like everyone else in the industry) no one could have forecast the success of the Wii, and if they had, you would probably be looking at a Wii/Xbox exclusive.

Doubtful - but with shareholder pressure never say never.

http://uk.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/news.html?sid=6111911

Capcom could easily tone down the visuals a bit and make the graphics a little better than resi evil 4 hell I would be happy with that.

Now that the Nintendo Wii is set to become the best selling console surely it makes sense to port this to the Wii!

If not then I would expect Capcom to develop a new resi game or remakes of previous games for the Wii.

Squall7 said:
For people that have played and prefer the Wiimote's controls over the clunky PS2/GC versions.

I've seen very few people say it doesn't enhance the gameplay, and literally nobody that says it made it worse.

Because it's appealing to everyone, Duh! The lowest common denominator is family games and kids games, which is why there's quite a few of them. However, there's also quite a few Mature and Teen ones too.
but the thing is its not coming out on the Wii, so its not a step back for anything

there are plenty of people who would prefer a gaming pad for professional gaming.

appealing to everyone is basically saying we support little kids. because of this all nintendos major exclusives have yet to see blood or anything that little kids might not be able to handle.. im not trying to insult the wii but when your on a system that games are made with kids in mind it kind of sucks, whether you want to admit it or not.

Blood does not make a game great, and in fact can be a device to try to make a bad game better. I enjoy violent games, but I also am the first to admit that some of the most fun and addicting games are not violent games. I think the idea of trying to have a broad range of appeal, means that they're trying to make games that everyone can enjoy over and over. My biggest problem with a lot of FPS is that lack of replayability. Most times I sell them right after I beat them. Wheras Wii Sports I would never sell, and it's about as deep in gameplay as a puddle.

That being said, your biggest problem is comparing past consoles to today. The gamecube became solely a kid friendly system, because of it's low market share and the fact that Nintendo wanted to carve out a strong nitch somewhere, and simply survive, which it did. The wii is incredibly more succesful, game companies know this, and it will receive a broad range of games. Already we're seeing a plethora of first person shooters available on the consoles, Just wait, the Wii has a lot of upside to it. If anything the biggest thing it's missing at this point are sports games, which are extremely kid friendly. I still can't figure out why I can't get a damn decent baseball game.

Sovieto said:
but the thing is its not coming out on the Wii, so its not a step back for anything
Why are you here? Since you consider the Wii a "step back"...
And we were talking about controls. The Wii's are superior to the traditional gamepad of Resident Evil 4. If RE5 is using the same system, then going back to traditional gamepads IS going in reverse.

there are plenty of people who would prefer a gaming pad for professional gaming.
Is that a hypothetical "plenty"? Because I've yet to really see anyone make claims that the Wiimote degrades the experience of RE4.

appealing to everyone is basically saying we support little kids.
Just like the name sovieto means MS fanboy! /sarcasm
Appealing to everyone means everyone can play it. If that means it's "little kids" games to you, then I feel sorry for you. Have fun with your blood splattering games, with shooting, killing things and generally painting your console red. Me? I'll play whatever I want to play, which may or may not include blood, gratuitous violence and swearing.

because of this all nintendos major exclusives have yet to see blood
And that means they're "kiddie"? Bet you hit a snag in those IQ questions; "If all A's are B's and some B's are C's, that makes all C's A's, true or false".
What aboput those pesky Teen rated games that are on the Wii, are those counted in the "kiddie factor"? Cos I can guarantee, that the same kinds of games wouldn't be counted as "kiddie" on the PS or MS, simply because people see PS and MS as "for mature gamers". Funny, considering the only people I see in shops asking about the PS3 are Kids. Ironically enoughmost of the games on there wouldn't be suited to them anyway.

or anything that little kids might not be able to handle..
You're confusing "not able to handle" with "get the concept of". Heck, I've been watching (as have numerous other kids) 18-rated videos since I was around 10. I've been able to handle them. I haven't always understood them, but I've been able to watch them.

im not trying to insult the wii but when your on a system that games are made with kids in mind it kind of sucks, whether you want to admit it or not.
You're presumming there. You're also ignoring the times that I and others have spawned off a list of "non-kiddie" titles. Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a MS fanboy that cherry picks which comments he responds to, and gives stock answers that any MS fanboy forum would give in their first knee-jerk response. Most of the people I know with Wii's are over the age of 18. Heck, quite a few are older than I am (22). If you want to call Wii "kiddie", then fine. But don't try to pass it off as anything other than your opinion.

Squall7 said:
Why are you here? Since you consider the Wii a "step back"...
And we were talking about controls. The Wii's are superior to the traditional gamepad of Resident Evil 4. If RE5 is using the same system, then going back to traditional gamepads IS going in reverse.

Is that a hypothetical "plenty"? Because I've yet to really see anyone make claims that the Wiimote degrades the experience of RE4.

Just like the name sovieto means MS fanboy! /sarcasm
Appealing to everyone means everyone can play it. If that means it's "little kids" games to you, then I feel sorry for you. Have fun with your blood splattering games, with shooting, killing things and generally painting your console red. Me? I'll play whatever I want to play, which may or may not include blood, gratuitous violence and swearing.

And that means they're "kiddie"? Bet you hit a snag in those IQ questions; "If all A's are B's and some B's are C's, that makes all C's A's, true or false".
What aboput those pesky Teen rated games that are on the Wii, are those counted in the "kiddie factor"? Cos I can guarantee, that the same kinds of games wouldn't be counted as "kiddie" on the PS or MS, simply because people see PS and MS as "for mature gamers". Funny, considering the only people I see in shops asking about the PS3 are Kids. Ironically enoughmost of the games on there wouldn't be suited to them anyway.

You're confusing "not able to handle" with "get the concept of". Heck, I've been watching (as have numerous other kids) 18-rated videos since I was around 10. I've been able to handle them. I haven't always understood them, but I've been able to watch them.

You're presumming there. You're also ignoring the times that I and others have spawned off a list of "non-kiddie" titles. Whether you want to admit it or not, you are a MS fanboy that cherry picks which comments he responds to, and gives stock answers that any MS fanboy forum would give in their first knee-jerk response. Most of the people I know with Wii's are over the age of 18. Heck, quite a few are older than I am (22). If you want to call Wii "kiddie", then fine. But don't try to pass it off as anything other than your opinion.
i was saying graphics were a step back.
sure re4 wii controls are fun, but that dosent mean people want to professionally play halo with motion controls.
and when a game is everyone it dose mean its made in mind with kids playing it, therefore the console is kiddy. just because you know people who own wiis that are older dosent make the console any less kiddy. it was made with kids playing it in mind. face it. nintendo is the main supplier of games that sell their consoles, and theyre all made with kids in mind. so whether you have manhunt or not the real games that sell the console are kiddy.
i just dont get why you always have to call me a fanboy, its as though youre just looking for something to say. lets just assume for the sake of this argument your a ninty fanboy, and im a ms one, okay?
again, dont use the kids asking in shop for ps3. no duh there are plenty of kids who play 360/ps3, but the games arent made for them, and theyd rather play a game where you chainsaw someone instead of jumping on mushrooms for the sake of they dont want to be seen playing a game made with them in mind.

Nintendo is attempting to fill a place in the market where there is less competition. A parent will almost immediately know what gaming system to get their kid if they are younger (unless it's an adult male with his own agenda.. lol) Keeping with Microsoft and Sony is out of the question. Sony sells tons of other products and Microsoft basically grows money off of trees with the software they sell. This is Nintendo's only industry and if it doesn't work they pretty much loose. Nintendo knew couldn't keep up with the graphics so they designed some sweet controllers which has literally boosted their market. But I feel they still need to tend to the needs of their older audience.

Back