Returning(swapping) a broken wii-mote to stores

Mayday408

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2006
Ok well to make a long story short one of my friends was playing Wii-bowling and hit the remote on a glass table. Now the controller does not recongnize any motion and is essentially useless. I've tried everything to get it to work, even tried to use it on my friends Wii system.

Now here is my plan and I am wondering if it will work. I was thinking of buying a new wii-mote from a store and then swapping the broken one with the new one and just go back later in the day complaining it does not work. Does anyone know the policy of this for stores like Gamestop, best buy, target? To my knowledge there is not any serial number attached on the remote so they can't verify it being the same one I bought. I rather not go through the nintendo.com repair mail in order, seems like too much of a hassel/time consuming for me. I've also tried 'spanking' it and it did no good.

And before someone says it, yes i'm looking to steal one for free because of my friends mistake, and no I do not care so please no preaching from your moral high-horse.

Thank you!

It's morally wrong, and if the store catches you depending on the laws in your area you could go to jail.

Actually you should go to jail if you do it. It's people like you that steal and make prices higher for everyone else. Stealing may not hurt you, it hurts everyone.

csiguy4u said:
It's morally wrong, and if the store catches you depending on the laws in your area you could go to jail.

Actually you should go to jail if you do it. It's people like you that steal and make prices higher for everyone else. Stealing may not hurt you, it hurts everyone.

I'll bold it out for you. And before someone says it, yes i'm looking to steal one for free because of my friends mistake, and no I do not care so please no preaching from your moral high-horse.

I bet you're going to tell me how much piracy is hurting the music/movie/tv buisness too huh? :frown2:

Very true it is a wrong thing to do, but if you wanna do it then we cant stop you. Best bet is to try it and hope you dont get caught.

Just make your friend pay for it. He broke it he fixed it. I had a buddy who yanked a PS2 off a shelf and broke it , ya know what he stepped up and bought a new one. Thats what real friends do.

Will prolly work if you can find a controller some place. But I did notice when I returned my PSP they matched the serial number to the box. But I doubt they will do that for a wiimote. You hope :p

Why not just tell them your story?

Your not lieing... right?

Also, try spanking the bottom of the wii-remote and see if it fixes anything.

Wattle said:
Why not just tell them your story?

Your not lieing... right?

Also, try spanking the bottom of the wii-remote and see if it fixes anything.

LMFAO

Make Ur Friend Buy U A New Wii Remote.....if That Was My Friend And He Didn't Pay For It I Would Beat His A$$ Up And Take His Credit Card To Buy It

prismflash said:
Make Ur Friend Buy U A New Wii Remote.....if That Was My Friend And He Didn't Pay For It I Would Beat His A$$ Up And Take His Credit Card To Buy It

Then get charged for assault and stealing?

NeMeZyZ said:
haha! lol u used to do that when i was like 9...i would rent a videogame (snes) and switch the chips inside the cartridge lol

...Whoa:nono:

Anyway... Tell Yer Friend To Buy A New Wii Remote!!!:incazzato:

Back