Secret Of Mana

Agahnim

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Hi, does anyone know if Secret of Mana for SNES will be available on the wii virtual console? I loved that game and i'd really like to play it again.

Nintendo only released a little bit of games for the VC right now, wait for their next update or so.

This was the best game for SNES I ever played...

I sure hope they let you VC it. Then I won't have to have my SNES under my Gamecube/Soon-to-be-Wii.

I know, I'm horrible ;x

No, that will not be avaliable for the VC. Reason, it was a game that is orginally only avaliable in japan. Translators translated the game so you could play the rom of it on your computer. This applies to Star Ocen, Secret of Mana 2, Rudra No Hizu and Romancing Saga 3...There are others that wont be avaliable, these are just some titles that I know off hand.

Just play it on an emulator. By the way, it was not only available in Japan. My freind has the USDM cartridge.

My friend loved it....I think I should buy it when it comes out and make him jelous!

Secret of Mana was NOT only in Japan dude. I'm looking at my north american cartridge of it right now.

*plus* Nintendo has stated that VC will "allow gamers to play classic games that weren't previously available in their region"

I can imagine that if Square/Enix has committed to making VC games available, they would most certainly release Secret of Mana. It was one of their best selling games at one point.

Yeah, thats good news then, if it does come out it'll be one vc game I get for sure. Yeah it was available outside of japan, I live in australia and i used to have it ages ago, I got rid of it when my friends little brother chucked my snes console off the balcony onto the concrete, hmmm.

Agahnim said:
Yeah, thats good news then, if it does come out it'll be one vc game I get for sure. Yeah it was available outside of japan, I live in australia and i used to have it ages ago, I got rid of it when my friends little brother chucked my snes console off the balcony onto the concrete, hmmm.

Ouch... :(

And yes, Secret of mana will most defiantly be a game I get. I've played it countless times on emulator, but playing it on a console is just such a better feeling.

i played sword of mana for GBA which is the remake u know same thing as SNES and i loved it i cant wait to get a Wii and DL that VC game.

Square Enix needs to fully commit to VC before we'll see titles like this coming out. Of course they would be wise to, as games like SoM and Chronotrigger, in addition to selling used regularly for prices in excess of $75, are widely regarded as being the best games of the SNES library, if not of all time.

Cronotrigger = one of the top 5 best RPGs of all time.

Back