Sensitvity Bar + Multiple dots

dem0n2001

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
ok my wii was working fine. my friend came over and bought guitar game with him. when he put it in it asked to do a firmware update. once the firmware update was done my "hand controllers" were all over the place. if i just aim straight it will bounce all over the screen. it did not do this before the update. and when i go into the setting of the wii and click on the sensitivity setting, instead of the 2 dots i have like 6 to 8 dots all over the freaken place. anybody else have this problem?

Do you have ANY other sources of lights around the TV/Sensor Bar?

When I first plugged mine in I had problems with lamps and Christmas lights and decor. (shiny metal reflecting light?)

The sun is a Wii enemy

Thanks for the advice. I'd checked electronic devices. No luck. It was the sun. I'm in Provence where the sunlight is sharp all year round. The Wii is in a south-facing living room. I had to close the shutters completely to make the extra dots disappear, even with minimum sensitivity of 1. Nintendo clearly forgot to cunfigure the sun ... :)

On a more serious note, maybe Nintendo ought to warn that their stuff may not work in sharp daylight.

Back