Should I buy one?

PSWii

WiiChat Member
Jul 31, 2007
Sun Diego
Hi. I have a Gameboy Advance SP that broke so I am looking into buying a Nintendo DS Lite. Should I buy one or will a newer, updated version be coming out soon? Thanks!

No, I think Nintendo will only be making 2 DS versions and both are already out (DS and DS Lite). If you don't care about weight, get the DS, but if you want a lighter and brighter interface, then go for the DS Lite (which also costs a bit more). Both can play DS and GBA games. They both also have Wi-Fi, DS Download Play, Pictochat and an optional browser add-on.

Also, another thing to consider...

The DS Phat (or the original DS) is built like a tank, and can take it's fair share of beatings.

The DS Lite, though smaller and more compact, looks extremely frail. I fear that I'll drop mine one day and the top screen will just pop right out.

Some things to consider if you plan on getting one.

i havent held a lite but everybody says its hard or it hurts your hands if you grip too hard or something like that. my fattie is comfortable for me (even tho its ugly lol)

The origonal DS is "much" better in my opinion. But if you need a smaller one get the Lite

I got a DS Lite today! I love it! It's so nice. I also got Pokemon Diamond :lol: and I want to get Mario Kart DS. I heard its fun..?

laderer5 said:
The origonal DS is "much" better in my opinion. But if you need a smaller one get the Lite

why do u prefer a DS over DS lite??

i think lite is better unless u want like a huge lump in ur poket

i agree and disagree because the lite is cooler looking but the original can take a hit ........im leaning tor rowed the lite cause looks matter lol

I just bought a Lite a couple days ago after playing mario kart on my friend's DS over the weekend. Can't wait for my R4 to come in the mail. :p

Well my friend got a Ds and Got a Lite couple of days ago ( Like Skorp :p ).
I liked the Lite better cuz it feel more like a handheld... I don't know why.

krank dat said:
why do u prefer a DS over DS lite??

i think lite is better unless u want like a huge lump in ur poket

Or something that won't break when you drop it.

1. I'm mature enough where I have no worries that I'm going to drop it and break it.

2. Nintendo products are always well made, this is a handheld video games system for kids. I'm sure its no frail, maybe not as strong as a regular DS but still I doubt it's weak.

3. I bought a 2 year warranty from best buy. I'm gonna mess something up two years from now and get it replaced for free. Probably a sweet new color.

if the ds light is weaker then i can't a magin how fast it will braek
becouse i wans sat on my original ds and it broke i toke it to the only place in the country that can fix systems and they said that they are not able to fix it and it's only a cracked top screen with a lot of dead pixels
so i had to get a new one

Last edited:
shabanbros said:
if the ds light is weakerthen i can't a magin how fast it will braek
becouse i wans sat on my original ds and it broke i toke it to the only place in the country that can fix systems and they said that they are not able to fix it and it's only a cracked top screen with a lot of dead pixels

That sucks. I'll just be careful with mine then I guess. I bought a case for it the day I bought it. Screen protectors are in the mail, I'm gonna baby it.

Nintendo stated quite some time ago that they were planning on releasing another DS, That has larger screens and built in Mp3 function. I havent herd anything about it for quite some time. So you should do some research around the net and see if you can find any more info about it.

Back