Should I get Red Steel?

Darkside7000

Luke Perry for President!
Dec 1, 2006
Australia
I'm considering getting this game shortly after XMas (get my Wii, Zelda and some extra money), but I have heard stuff from both sides of the track about this. I've heard people say its really buggy and just plain bad, yet others have said its worth buying especially considering it was released on launch.

1) How buggy is it really? Example?
2) Is the gameplay any good?
3) Hows multi-player?
4) Can you suggest another FPS that uses the Wiimote well?

I've also heard Red Steel 2 will have online play, maybe I should just wait for that to come out.

Last edited:
Actually, there are some people who thinks the game is not really worth buying, but there are some others who think the game is a Must-have.

Take for example IGN USA and IGN UK...

IGN USA gave the game a 6.0 - Passable
IGN UK gave the game a 8.0 - Impressive

I already have this game, but it's not in my hands (the wii isn't too :(), I will get it tomorrow, so I consider it a worth buying.

Ok. I'll probably just rent it first. I've seen alot of vids and the swordplay looks cool, but it was most likely edited from FMV's to make it look like people were really doing it. I'm mainly getting it as a FPS though.

Yeah, rent it first.

It's a "Like it or Not" type of thing for people.

People either say it stinks, or they love it.

Oh, also, the controls are a bit funny to get used to. If you play alot of FPS, you'll notice that turning is slower.

Darkside7000 said:
Can you suggest another FPS that uses the Wiimote well?

A friend of mine picked-up Call Of Duty 3 and although it controls very similarly to Red Steel, COD3 seems to be a lot more accurate.

Yeh, I thought about picking about CoD3 but my bro may be getting it for his 360. Thanks anyway though.

1) How buggy is it really? Example?
2) Is the gameplay any good?
3) Hows multi-player?
4) Can you suggest another FPS that uses the Wiimote well?

1. No it's not.
2. Gameplay is so fun
3. Not really, Single Player is the best.
4.COD3, it's the only other one.

Red Steel is kinda buggy, especially righting yourself after a sword duel. But it gets HARD... im stuck at 24%

I highly recommend everyone to buy this game. It is a little jumpy at times, but once you get the hang of it the experience is golden. The environments are beautiful(most of the time better than Zelda). *God strikes me dead*

If you're not sure Bubbagump,rent both. We can't really tell you what game you "should" get, because that'll be our opinions and not yours.

Red Steel is very good though, a lot of people that were complaining about problems in the past haven't shown the same problems on my version... Then again my TV is a good height (respectively the sensor bar is too) and I sit a good 6ft away from it... so it's very good for me.

Shooting is good, need to get used to it... But it's fun, especially the unique way you have to take cover, and the swordfighting is very cool. Okay the swordfighting isn't as free-range as you might hope, you swing in one direction, the Wiimote follows that path and sends it to the Wii console, then it sort of picks a set attack that was relatively close to the direction you were swiping.

But that would be the better thing to do anyway.

Back