Should Nintendo Release a Media Channel

Nemix

Frost-bitten
Jul 14, 2006
I think Nintendo should look into developing and release a Media Channel

A Media Channel would allow DVD/CD playback and DivX/MP3 playback from SDHC

What is Nintendo waiting for?

I mean they could charge 500 Wii points for the channel and I'm almost certain there would be at least 2/3 Wii owner downloads, that's 20 million!

Or if they really want to make profit release a Movie Channel for DVD/DivX playback and a Music Channel for CD/MP3 playback, both for 500 Wii points each

C'mon Nintendo development for such Channel(s) is not difficult for the Wii plus look at the brighter side = PROFIT

Message typed through Internet Channel

Well, rumor has it a Netflix channel is being discussed. A rumor of coarse. =/

Heres something similar as in media similar but not playback similar.

Nintendo has the Wii Room channel in Japan that just got released in May. Kind of a media like channel where you watch things along with other people in the same room aka the name Wii Room.

Heres something similar as in media similar but not playback similar.

Nintendo has the Wii Room channel in Japan that just got released in May. Kind of a media like channel where you watch things along with other people in the same room aka the name Wii Room.
Watch things? What "things" we talking about? Movies? Shows?

Want a media channel thing? A waste of time.

Get a Nintendo DSi.

I can listen to my music and play with it.

I look at pron(intended bad spelling) on the go with the DSi browser. No other device but a laptop/PSP/iPhone/Ipod Touch can offer that.

But in all seriousness, it is possible to watch videos from the Wii via SD slot. The same is true about music.

I look at pron(intended bad spelling) on the go with the DSi browser. No other device but a laptop/PSP/iPhone/Ipod Touch can offer that.
Hackers are working on the DSi
Watch things? What "things" we talking about? Movies? Shows?
Scin e its from Japan its probably some shite that we will not watch

Want a media channel thing? A waste of time.

Get a Nintendo DSi.

I can listen to my music and play with it.

But in all seriousness, it is possible to watch videos from the Wii via SD slot. The same is true about music.

Why do Wii owners have to buy a DSI to listen to music and watch videos?

Fist off the DSi screens are small compared to a regular TV and secondly not all of us want to spend $200 for a portable gaming device most are happy with the Wii. :eek:ut:

I have a PSP which can play music and videos but I still would like to use my Wii as a DVD player at home just makes sense even though I have like 3 DVD players lying round not being used right now. :mad2:

Nintendo is looking to release the TV streaming channel in the States but still no word on DVD playback capabilities, sure I can get DVD's to play with the Homebrew Channel but I want something authentic 'Nintendo'.

Is it really so hard to make such a Channel? Xbox 360 and PS3 has it but why not on the Wii? I also have an Xbox 360 BTW but I don't like the way it sounds when playing movies late at night sounds like a blow dryer to me... :prrr:

Why do Wii owners have to buy a DSI to listen to music and watch videos?

They dont
I like to play games on mine
Fist off the DSi screens are small compared to a regular TV and secondly not all of us want to spend $200 for a portable gaming device most are happy with the Wii. :eek:ut:
If a portable games thing had a 50" screen you would need a lot of power to run it and it wouldn't be portable so they have to have smallish screens

I have a PSP which can play music and videos but I still would like to use my Wii as a DVD player at home just makes sense even though I have like 3 DVD players lying round not being used right now. :mad2:
Some people are cheapskates
They dont wanna pay about a fiver for a dvd player
Nintendo is looking to release the TV streaming channel in the States but still no word on DVD playback capabilities, sure I can get DVD's to play with the Homebrew Channel but I want something authentic 'Nintendo'.
Id rather stream vids via my PC (if I could be arsed id plug it into my tv)

Is it really so hard to make such a Channel? Xbox 360 and PS3 has it but why not on the Wii? I also have an Xbox 360 BTW but I don't like the way it sounds when playing movies late at night sounds like a blow dryer to me... :prrr:
I have sad this before
Nintendo are lazy

Back