They should introduce a dvd channel

Henry

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I reckon Nintendo should introduce a dvd/cd channel to let you be able to watch your dvd's and cd's from the wii, as I also have a dvd player that I hardly use, sometimes just to watch a dvd or something but if they introduce a dvd/cd channel I'll be able to sell it, get some money and still be able to play my movies off the wii, I reckon that is convenient.

but the drive itself is a dvd isnt it? The games are DVD format... I'm sure... or am I wrong? :confused:

DVD player read discs from the outside to in.
Wii's read discs from the inside to out.
You'd be watching your movie backwards :'(

o, so the disc's would be spinning the other way? is that what u mean.

They can make us download it using our points, if they do introduce it, I would buy it for sure.

its a games console. what i dont understand is why people want something to be more than it aready is. plus even if ninty did release it would have be already built in, there is no way to provide an update over the shopping channel. and the price of the wii would also go up.

They are not able to make the Wii read DVD now, so if it's that important to you you'll have to buy the DVD compatible one that was planned to come out sometime later this year.

For this it's not just a software issue, it's related to hardware. Nothing can be done without the release of a new updated system.

they will be releasing new wiis with dvd capabilities someday, a update/download wont get ya it sorry.

I'm all for Nintendo having better graphics, online play w/ random people, and adult games but DVD capability? Thats not necessary. The videogame industry should be about games first. Don't mess with a good format. Besides thats why we have DVD Players.

Last edited:
exactly! I don't get why dvd is such an issue to some folkes. I got the Wii to play games!!!

Thats what i love about the wii its just about playing games and meeting people not about watching dvds and looking at pictures i can do all that on my computer. i buy video game consoles to play video games

Belmont said:
Thats what i love about the wii its just about playing games and meeting people not about watching dvds and looking at pictures i can do all that on my computer. i buy video game consoles to play video games
EXACTLY. the main reason they are called videogames!

Back