Should Wii come out with NHL games?

Seabass592

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2007
I do. I'm a big hockey fan and a big fan of hockey video games and I was very dissapointed that the Wii doesnt have any hockey games like NHL 08 to offer.

What do you think?

I am also a HUGE hockey fan... GO SHARKS!!!!! but uh , yeah, Since ive gotten my wii, i thought that an NHL game would match perfectly with the wii

yes. you could flick the wiimote to shoot and hit like in 360, maybe hold a button and make a motion to do something like deke. use the nunchuk to aim for corners and five hole and what not. i madea post about nhl 08 controls on wii and how they could work easily. all you ahve to do is switch360's skill stick with the wiimote and motions and you got yourself a solid game. just make sure the graphics arent total crap

Yea I think hockey would work well with the Wii, the controls could be intuitively used to make hockey realistic, also I would think they could throw in a game mode that develops your own player on your way up to the pros, like most great sports games have now. I'm not too much of a hockey fan, but I would like a hockey game.

I dont have a 360 (yet) but I like what I've read that EA has done with the newer control scheme for their NHL series on the platform. Lets be honest, hockey controls work much like that of a soccer game and I've been very pleased with the Strikers Charged control scheme, so not only do I have high hopes for if/when EA brings the series to Wii, it surprises me they have turned a shy head both on 07 AND 08 releases.

.......GO DEVILS!

Yes, I missed the gamecube not having NHL 07 and now the Wii does not have 08.
Maybe it didn't sell well on the Nintendo consoles..hell I'll buy 50 copies if you want.
Just give me my NHL games please.

meh....this is an ify one, im going to go with yes, im a hockey fan and ide lovve to take my sens to the stanly cup on my wii

I definitely expect an NHL 09 for the Wii. It just makes sense to have one, and like others above have stated, the control scheme would work out pretty well for it. I'd definitely get the game if they released one.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I quite enjoy the Wii. I mean talk about taking gaming to a different level. I really considered the Xbox 360 and the Plystation 3; but in the end, it was the innovative new features the Wii offere. With that being said, I am extremely disappointed that there is no NHL hockey game for the Wii. I love to play hockey. I hown 2 hockey games on the Gamecube and I have probably owned about 15 different hockey games at one point or another. Maybe the rest of the world may not be all that interested in another hockey game, but there is a whole market up here in Canada that is probably just as eager to see what the Wii can offer us for our next hockey game experience. That's not to say that hockey isn't popular anywhere else (it's most certainly growing in it's popularity). I'm just saying that this is a sport worshipped by Canada; and therefore, we need to be apart of it. Both Xox and the Playstation offer hockey games, which means they are covering a market that is escaping the Wii. I don't want to have to spend a whole bunch more money on another console, just so that I can play games that the Wii clearly should have picked up on. Why stop now? Make one game and see how it goes. The Wii has the edge; keep it that way.

well i mean they probably had some contract issues with microsoft and sony and stuff and they probably really want to get hockey right the first time so they are releasing their other games seeing who likes what and stuff.

Not sure about NHL 09 on Wii, Madden, Fifa and Tiger did not do that well on wii... I want a hockey game badly but i'm a little scared!

Back