SMB3 Vs SMG (Difficulty Level)

vvarahagir

My First Video Game
Oct 27, 2007
Guys,
I've been irked :mad5: by some futuristic junkie "WolfpacSnakepit"
saying that it's time to move on from Super Mario Bros 3, as it was released in 1980s. Refer the post SPOILER]http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/42563-sm-bros-3-what-do-castle.html#post761673[/SPOILER]"

Personally I've not played it until today, since Wii is my first ever Video Game Console. I had only watched some guys play Mario in 1980s at a friend's place, and since I was a kid, I never got a chance to experience it first hand. Ever since that day, I was a fan of Mario. Finally I owned a Wii and the first thing I did was download Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 on VC.

So I wanted to put on a vote.
On the Level Of Difficulty Scale (1-10) 10 being Most Difficult, 1 Being Dumbest.. which do you rate higher?

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy

My Rating

Super Mario Bros 3 - 8
Super Mario Galaxy - 4

you know the best way to get through the boat in the water level in world 8 is just to swim under the ship through the whole level :lol:

vvarahagir said:
Guys,
I've been irked :mad5: by some futuristic junkie "WolfpacSnakepit"
saying that it's time to move on from Super Mario Bros 3, as it was released in 1980s. Refer the post SPOILER]http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/42563-sm-bros-3-what-do-castle.html#post761673[/SPOILER]"

Personally I've not played it until today, since Wii is my first ever Video Game Console. I had only watched some guys play Mario in 1980s at a friend's place, and since I was a kid, I never got a chance to experience it first hand. Ever since that day, I was a fan of Mario. Finally I owned a Wii and the first thing I did was download Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 3 on VC.

So I wanted to put on a vote.
On the Level Of Difficulty Scale (1-10) 10 being Most Difficult, 1 Being Dumbest.. which do you rate higher?

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy

My Rating

Super Mario Bros 3 - 8
Super Mario Galaxy - 4
Most games from that era will be harder than the games of today. Games of today have been garnerd towards a more wider range of crowd and by doing so they lowered the difficulty so that the game can be accesible to those that arent familiar with games.

Probably because I know SMB3 so well, it seems very easy to me compared to Galaxy. Galaxy isn't hard really, but some of the stars are pretty tough.

Back