Soul Caliber Legends Reviews?

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
Has anyone played this yet? I want a good action game for the Wii even though i know i'm probally going to have to wait on Rygar to get something DMC/NG/GoW style on Wii. Although i'm just wondering what people think of the game is it a good action game ,or does it come off more like Dragon Blade with the Soul Calibur lisence?(Not that Dragon Blade was that bad)

i have seen some reviews of the game.....in summarising the game is between good and average....

for me, it's super!!

that's a summarise from what i know:

storyline: quite confusing

gameplay: quite.....cool!!

graphics: one of the best the wii has up to date

but what makes it average.....it's the fact that, if you don't like the area or "scene" of the game.....the game get's a boring easier (except if you are a fan of soul calibur - like me!)

also, another bad is that there are the same enemies each time (like prince of persia)....also:

7 characters are playable in the storyline....which makes the game better, since you can do different moves each time - less boring
(but 7 characters is a too low number for a soul calibur game)

i haven't got the game yet.....but i have read 2-3 reviews and i've seen many trailers....in my opinio...the game is a bit popular and cool!!

if you don't like soul calibur or if you don't like to be taken into the action of an action game, then the game is simply not made for you!!

some "new" screens:

20071123_1cdc0a93f4a2fb0602ecEITThqnEHh9u.jpg

20071123_6187b522cfa4fbbf64d2DZACKRbeds0h.jpg

20071123_d816322a69dfde035a60XcpEMZvd1B3R.jpg

20071123_80a42374de3797075a81O50SNKcdInJP.jpg

Well I've always enjoyed the Soul Calibur series the Dreamcast one ,and the Gamecube one ,and when i found out this series was going into the action direction i couldnt think of a better series. Although i may like Dragon Blade i'm hoping this isn't just like it. Dragon Blade was good ,but i always wanted something more out of it.

i think that, overall, it's good.....but not as good as we expected it to be......it's true that, for a soulcalibur game, it's a kind of dissapointment.....but it's still soulcalibur......so it's good!!

i hope, next sc game for wii (if any).....is much better than this...

also, it seems that the famous "Tales of Symphonia 2" is much better, where the cool graphics and wii gameplay make it even more super, also it's a wii exclusive....!!

I think this game will be awesome, especially when I head Lloyd is in it!!!! That makes me want to buy it.

Okay well thats put it this way..lets ignore the fact that its Soul Calibur ,and look at it as its own thing how does it stack up.

Luigi man said:
Is Link in there if so i might get it

No, Nintendo didn't have to pay for him to get in there like in Soul Calibur 2 because Legends is exclusive to Wii. Gamers don't need an incentive to buy this one over other versions because they can only get it on one platform.

Am I the only one that actually read the reviews for this game? Based on the reviews, the game looks pretty abysmal.

Not that I'm surprised. 90% of games out for the Wii are pretty abysmal.

who cares about the reviews??
we can't rely on the reviews....the game willbe awesome even if the reviews are not so good.........i think it will sell well!!

lenitao3 said:
who cares about the reviews??
we can't rely on the reviews....the game willbe awesome even if the reviews are not so good.........i think it will sell well!!

i dont think thats true at all...what so ever

it will sell well if your ONLY counting soul calibur die hard fans like yourself, but as a whole if the game is NOT getting very good reviews it probably:

a) is not a great game for most people
b) will not sell fantastically as a whole

if you just say who cares about the reviews, you cant rely on them is kind of unresponsible especially because outside of the biased opinion most gamers have thats the only source we truly have (especially since he wants to know how the game TRULY is) no offence but i just dont agree with that post at all

well.......i don't c are about the reviews just because i have just found 4 new videos of soul caibur legends, which changed my mind to positive....so i'm getting the game!!! (i was not planning to get it)

the trailers are very cool, the graphics of the game seem to be the best the wii has, also the cool storyline, as it seems it's good, along with cool wii controls, make the game just cool!!

see some nice videos of the game here:
http://wii.qj.net/Soul-Calibur-Legends-gameplay-videos-cinematic-opening/pg/49/aid/108453

if you are planning to buy the game you should see them for sure!! the game seems very cool!!!

watching videos of this it seems like it would have had so much potential to be a good adventure hacker-slasher with co-op but the graphics seem to be on par with early ps2

lenitao3 said:
well.......i don't c are about the reviews just because i have just found 4 new videos of soul caibur legends, which changed my mind to positive....so i'm getting the game!!! (i was not planning to get it)

the trailers are very cool, the graphics of the game seem to be the best the wii has, also the cool storyline, as it seems it's good, along with cool wii controls, make the game just cool!!

see some nice videos of the game here:
http://wii.qj.net/Soul-Calibur-Legends-gameplay-videos-cinematic-opening/pg/49/aid/108453

if you are planning to buy the game you should see them for sure!! the game seems very cool!!!

just becuz by your standards a game looks cool does not mean its good or that is even decent...some of the coolest sounding/looking games have turned out to be garbage for the most part:

1. Lair - although its on the ps3 evry1 thought this would be great, but it for the most was not what it was cut out to be
2. DBZ: BT 2 - I think thats the title, on the wii i heard the controls are basically broken and its hard to play but sure it SOUNDS cool

and dont get me wrong here, i mean im not tryin to bag on u or anything but when evaluating the quality of a game a lot of factors play into it and honestly this game is probably not going to be a ground breaking success for anybody, and the graphics arent that spectacular...please

Back