=SSBB= Things with POOR GRAPHICS that definately need tweaking.

amirreza

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
It pisses me off when game developers become lazy and make circles with hexagons. I remember Metroid Prime 3, everything was looking great, until later in the game I started stumbling upon solid objects that are squared off when they're supposed to be smooth. And it REALLY pissed me off when this appeared in Brawl. Aren't we past the polygon generation?

Here's an example:
kingdedede_071026e-l.jpg

Seriously, look at that Waddle Doo. It's hideous. Change it. Now.
Can you find anything like this, please post it here.

its harder than you think to make a "perfect" sphere, which is actually pretty much impossible on 3D objects. from what i know you can only increase the number of sides to an amazing number so it looks like a perfect sphere to the human eye. wii just doesn't have the power.

LOL GO BACK TO YOUR 360, The Wii wasn't built for a BUH'ZILLION polygon'd sphear, and SSBB is looking to have one of the best graphics in a Wii game, But it's all on memory, and i'd have to say that-

kirby_070606c-l.jpg
Kirby is looking really.. really good, I'd say they figured out someway to get him that good looking, That is somewhat looking close to the 360's Polygon settings o-o.. even in a zoomed in camera Kirby looks nice- But as you know the Wii isint made for graphics, But it's got a better pixel rate and clarity than the GC- so STOP COMPLAINING AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME, It's not going to matter anyways- SSBB is going to be as hard to get as the Wii when it first came out.

Last edited:
Look at them in previous games. And also I am a Wii-Tard without a 360, so how could I ever go back to it? Also they should have at least tried to make it look good like Kirby. I mean, Waddle Doo has the exact same 3D model. Just a few additions and a different skin.

They probably made the Waddle-Dee look like that so that they could fit a whole bunch of 'em on-screen when King DDD starts spamming his side B move. Some elements graphics are sacrificed for others. We have awesome playable character models, thus the items (the Waddle-Dees are kinda like items) won't be as spiffy and polished. As long as we keep a superior frame-rate with these graphics, I'll be happy.

Druidan said:
They probably made the Waddle-Dee look like that so that they could fit a whole bunch of 'em on-screen when King DDD starts spamming his side B move. Some elements graphics are sacrificed for others. We have awesome playable character models, thus the items (the Waddle-Dees are kinda like items) won't be as spiffy and polished. As long as we keep a superior frame-rate with these graphics, I'll be happy.

To be honest, I have to agree with you on that.

However, can't you agree this needs SOME tweaking. At least make the skin a little more polished but keeping the model shape all blocky as it is so the lag won't be a problem. If they did that, I'd be as snug as a bug in a rug :D

amirreza said:
To be honest, I have to agree with you on that.

However, can't you agree this needs SOME tweaking. At least make the skin a little more polished but keeping the model shape all blocky as it is so the lag won't be a problem. If they did that, I'd be as snug as a bug in a rug :D

oh i am sorry sir but wii cant polish like the ps3 so f**k of to a ps3 fom u c**ks****r

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

little MAC said:
oh i am sorry sir but wii cant polish like the ps3 so f**k of to a ps3 fom u c**ks****r

:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :ciappa: :ciappa: :ciappa:

First off I would like to say that you sound like a f***ing dumbshit 12-year old AOLer when you type. Stay in school and educate yourself you illiterate f***. Secondly I don't have a PS3 nor an Xbox 360, I only own a Wii. Thirdly, the designers at Nintendo can polish up a few things. They have the potental in this case. However, most cases they don't. I understand that Nintendo places gameplay as their top priotity. And that's a good thing. And I hope that stays the same so they can continue to make good games like this one. Also who are you calling a cock sucker? I read all your posts and everyone on this board who replied to it either said stop double posting or stop posting garbage. Seriously, quit bashing your head on the keyboard you f***ing dolt. And enough with the damn smiley spams.

Back