SSE character unlocking

esoterika

meow mix
Mar 5, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wii Online Code
2614-1105-1770-2289
So I've been trying to play my way through the SSE mode to unlock everything (thought it was pretty fun, and seems easier and less tedious than beating classic mode a million times), and currently I am about 75% through and at the Great Maze (which is kind of a pain in the ass).

Anyways, after you enter the space part, you have to recollect all your characters as little silver statue thingies, and I think I missed a few of them, and now they aren't available for selection when I do the rest of the stages. Does anyone know if I can get them again if I go back to the stage and find their statue? I don't even remember what stage that was. Anyone care to enlighten me?

On the Great Maze stage you have to refight all of the bosses, as well as all of the characters again. As you beat them periodically you will get your characters back. It takes quite a while, and it's really tedious. Use the map, it shows were all the doors are. Be sure to hit up all of the doors that glow black, those are the fight rooms.

Thanks! I'm just a little annoyed I didn't pick up the Samus statue somewhere along the way and I wanted to play around as Zero suit Samus. I know you can start off as Zero Suit Samus if you hold R as you choose her in character selection, but does it work the same in any other mode or SSE?

I did it in classic mode, the holing R thing. I think it should work in SSE too :3

I assume the hold R is on the classic control or the GC control, but what would you hold on the wiimote+joystick to do this?

This off of GameFAQs:

To use Zero Suit Samus at the start of a match, select Samus on the character screen and hold the following button before the match starts with the corresponding controller that is being used:

Gamecube/Classic controller: Hold the R button
Wii Remote with Nunchuk: Hold the Z button
Wii Remote: Hold the Minus (-) button

Thanks for the great maze tip, I noticed the black stuff, but I didn't know you had to fight every single guy. Time to backtrack...

Back