SSX Blur

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
Today is February 26. Tomorrow, SSX Blur comes out and I am very excited. This is a thread all about SSX Blur. If you have the game, tell us how it is good and how it is bad. If you don't have the game, tell us what you think will be good and what you look forward to.

Also, does anybody know if this game will be available in Best Buy? It is not on the website, so I don't know. If you have purchased the game at Best Buy, please let me know!!

I'm getting Mario Party soon so I will be saving up for that then a nunchuck and then probably a Wiimote and Nunchuck Then SSX Blur so I would like to see some reviews so I can change my order or not

WiiZero said:
I'm getting Mario Party soon so I will be saving up for that then a nunchuck and then probably a Wiimote and Nunchuck Then SSX Blur so I would like to see some reviews so I can change my order or not
MP8 = Wii-mote only
SSX Blur = Wii-mote/Nunchunk
Not sure if you knew that, your post is confusing.

I'm probobly going to be getting this real soon, as long as it's better than Sonic.

I cant wait to get SSX tomarrow i reserved it a EB in my mall im goin in at about 12pm to get it. I think it is goin to b awsome. Just rented DBZ from gamefly been playin it all day its pretty good also.

WiiZero said:

Mario Party 8 isn't coming out for a few months. Releasing in Quarter 2.

I am pumped for SSX tomorrow. Right after school I'll be going to Wal*Mart to buy it. I really think this will be the best/funnest game yet for the Wii.

Better yet, it's not on PS3 or 360... a nice Wii exclusive from EA... doesn't get much better.

Is SSX really coming out tomorrow? Most websites(best buy, circuit city, toysrus) say that it comes out the first week in March. I have it preordered at toysrus....hope it comes soon!

Oh snap I better finish Sonic before I buy Blur or I swear I will never finish it!

Blur is going to be hella filthy with the controls and all. And it's not a bad looking game, either.

StevenNevets said:
MP8 = Wii-mote only
SSX Blur = Wii-mote/Nunchunk
Not sure if you knew that, your post is confusing.

I'm probobly going to be getting this real soon, as long as it's better than Sonic.

Why ... wasnt sonic good ????!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep i am really excited about this game, but 1 thing is that EA said that this was the best SSX game yet, and the other reviews of ssx at ign got 9.6 while ssx blur got 8.0 and 8.8...
maybe ign will give it a better review ( doubt it though)

Hey, I got SSX: Blur! There are many good things as well as a few bad things. Let's start with the good:

The courses in the game are very fun but also challenging. The uber-tricks are pretty sweet because the camera goes in slow motion and gives you a cool angle of your rider/skiier (yes, there is snowboarding and skiing). The uber-tricks are hard to pull off, but it feels rewarding when you pull one of the uber-tricks off. There's a special section that basically trains you (not the tutorial) on how to correctly do the uber-tricks. The tournaments are also pretty challenging. They consist of 2 or 3 events and each event contains 3 heats (getting 1st place in the 1st heat moves you directly to heat 3).
(More good stuff but I don't want this to get too long)

Bad:

Not necessarily bad for me, but the game is pretty cartoonish and not as realistic as most gamers would like. For example, the number and letters are all bubbly and there are flying colors all over the screen. Controls are hard to get used to, but the game is great after you get used to them. It's pretty easy to reach the top of the leaderboard (12 characters, 12 spots on leaderboard) because you can redo a level over and over and get points for being in 1st place as much as you'd like (the leaderboard rankings go in points -- the better you do in events, the more points you get).

Any questions? Feel free to ask, I'm happy to answer anything!

Last edited:
Back