Star points....

Umm, i think they are europe-only, because the prices rip off europeans. what you do is 1. be european and live in europe 2. buy nintendo games/ wii games 3. register them on nintendo.com 4. earn star points which you can EVENTUALLY exchange for wii points once you have a whole lot. I think this is to compensate for the high price of game stuff in europe and the uk. A european would know better, theyre the ones getting ripped off:/

you get 250 for joining club nintendo, 1000 for registering your wii and 1000 for registering wii sports and i presume 1000 for each additional game. In theory you can exchange stars for wii points in the wii points shop online, however i spent 24 hours trying to do this and although cards became available the 500points card never did so I gave up. you can get points cards in 100,300,500 and 1000 point dominations from 400 stars to 4000 stars. You can also buy wall papers for pc and mobile and nintendo merchandise such as t-shirts caps and occasionaly figureines and keyrings

did you read my post? they dont do 200 point cards! Anyway, you have to be lucky to catch the store with any cards in stock at all!

why are nintendo rationing the cards online anyway?

There is obviously a reason but i am damned if i can see it

I have yet to see the store with any cards available at all and that must be a good 2 or 3 weeks i have been looking.

Last edited:
rindulus1 said:
why are nintendo rationing the cards online anyway?

There is obviously a reason but i am damned if i can see it

I have yet to see the store with any cards available at all and that must be a good 2 or 3 weeks i have been looking.

you have to sit on-line all day refreshing the page every 5-10 minutes and you will see them, but you will pretty much be guaranteed to miss the ones you are after! I spent 2 days trying and gave up.

They are rationing them because 1000points is worth £7 and if they didnt, they would lose out on a lot of money.

stumac1985 said:
you have to sit on-line all day refreshing the page every 5-10 minutes and you will see them, but you will pretty much be guaranteed to miss the ones you are after! I spent 2 days trying and gave up.

They are rationing them because 1000points is worth £7 and if they didnt, they would lose out on a lot of money.

If they are that worried about losing money why introduce the scheme? It is extremely frustrating. typical Nintendo in fact.

Back