Strange Hardware problem on my 2nd Wii

kenn

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ok, I'm on my 2nd Wii. The first one's DVD drive started making a loud grinding noise and I got a refurb replacement through the advance replacement program... I thought I was fine until recently... This is what is going on:

I have three wireless controllers -- One Wavebird and two gamestop wireless gamecube controllers... Whenever I play a gamecube game, everything seems fine, but after a while, the right analog "c" stick will lock in a direction and the screen will rotate (camera rotate) in one direction. Sometimes I can fix it by turning off the remote and turning it back on -- sometimes not. It does it on all three controllers. I've replaced the batteries -- no dice...

The only thing I can think is there is something going on with the controller port for controller #1 in the Hardware because I have never had this issue with these controllers before -- ever...

If it is hardware, I'll be on my 3rd Wii. Apparently I'm a hardware Jinx because I'm about to be on my 3rd 360 as well. Same problem. Failed DVD drives...

how about because I have 3 wireless ones and they worked fine before? Why should wired or wireless matter? I didn't have this trouble before the "newly refurbished" wii. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Well...

kenn said:
how about because I have 3 wireless ones and they worked fine before? Why should wired or wireless matter? I didn't have this trouble before the "newly refurbished" wii. Wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar.

talk to nintendo and demand them to give you a brand new wii console and have them transfer your wiicode and VC account and your all set then.

Back