Stuck in 480p Mode - Can't See Anything

Chewie

}GHS{Chewie
Jan 17, 2007
South of Seattle
So yeah, like a knucklehead that I am, I bought component cables and had things going great for a couple of weeks on my 27" Sony WEGA CRT.

Then this evening I decide I would set it in 480p mode and hit "Confirm"

Big mistake. Now I can't see anything and can't see enough through the garbled screen to set it back.

Is there a way to totally reset the console hardware back to 480i. An "reset switch" so to speak. And yes I already tried the red reset button as well as totally removing the power cable and restarting the Wii.

Help please. And thanks in advance to anyone who comes forward to save my butt.

-Chewie

well i think part of the problem is is that your tv might not a hdtv?
and as for getting it back to normal..use a different tv?

Sovieto said:
well i think part of the problem is is that your tv might not a hdtv?
and as for getting it back to normal..use a different tv?

Yeah, no, I'm painfully aware of the fact that my WEGA is not an HD model. I don't know what I was thinking experimenting with that setting... :mad5:

I'm going to disconnect it and take it over to my father in law's house and try plugging it into his HDTV.

-Chewie

All you have to do is reconnect your composite cables and start it up. The Wii will revert to 480i and after that you can reconnect your component cables and you'll be good to go. Happened to me, no big deal.

you can also take out the battery for about 10 minutes
that should set everything back to default

battery.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I took it over to the father in laws house before I saw the suggestion about plugging in my old VGA cables.

Problem solved. Sure did look even better on his 720p television for about 30 seconds before I turned it back off and got the heck out of there.

-Chewie

ive tried connecting this to my 32 inch lcdtv via component cables in regular 480i and hd 480p modes and i cant tell the difference. i decided to go back to regular mode since i have limited hd connections available. does anyone else have similar experience or is it just me. by the way i only have wiisports at the moment.

1. There is no red reset button, the only reset button is the reset you press if the coneole freezes or something, that is the one under the power button, the red button of which you speak of is the Wii-mote sync button, that will not reset your Wii

2. Yeah, just take it over to your father-in-law's HDTV and fix it there, when I got my Wii componet cable, I never had a problem like that, only problem I had was the fact the games I have are not HD quality (which Nintendo games are?), I also plugged it into my friend's HD CRT TV with no problems

NathanC5 said:
All you have to do is reconnect your composite cables and start it up. The Wii will revert to 480i and after that you can reconnect your component cables and you'll be good to go. Happened to me, no big deal.

this is actually the best idea, since u wouldnt even have to connect the regular cables to the tv and every wii comes with composite cables. just hook up the original cable for 1 minutes, turn off, and reconnect the component without even turning the tv on or messing with any cables from behind your tv.

Back