Suddenly can't connect

Pros

WiiChat Member
May 25, 2007
So after having played on my PS2 for some weeks, I unplugged it and plugged my Wii back in, only to find out internet was not working - I'm getting errors 52131-52132.

I used the 'search for access point' before which is how I established my connection, which worked - but doesn't seem to anymore. I tried to reconnect using the same method, no success. My access point does show up with 2/3 bars, indicating a good connection.

I also tried establishing the connection manually, with no success. I tried auto detecting the DNS and IP address - which is how my router is configured - as well as entering the IP and DNS manually. Nothing.

I'm using a Linksys router, and it's not on the list of incompatible routers, nor is my ISP. WEP security. Tried both channel 1 and 11. I moved both my router and Wii way away from any metal objects. I re-entered the Wii MAC address on the MAC filter (which is set to permit those addresses, not prevent).

I've looked all across the internet for possible solutions - one of them seemed to be to manually set up the connection, but that didn't work either.

I also tried disabling the security, to see if that would work, but it didn't.

Remember that my Wii connection WAS working before. Nothing has changed in my setup. Also, there are multiple PC's and laptops connected through the same wireless connection successfully.

Strangely enough, 1) the signal is strong 2) I added the Wii MAC address to the MAC filter and 3) the encryption isn't the problem either. But still I can't get any connection whatsoever, so it's not like it drops out. I'm assuming there must be some kind of barricade which prevents the connection despite the above.

I'm pretty much desperate for help, any suggestions are more than welcome!

WiiBad said:
May wanna give Nintendo a shout, they can probably get it figured out for you over the phone.

I'll probably do that in a few days if nothing changes - although I'm not sure how much of a help they'll be if their entire online troubleshooting offers no solution. But thanks. And I'm still open to any and all suggestions folks.

Back