The Best Selling Games of 2008 – Early Predictions that you can take to the Bank

Yeah, with two platforms to work with it shouldn't have any trouble at all.

I know I'll be buying:

Brawl
Mario Kart
Fable 2
GOW 2
MGS 4
Little Big Planet
GTA 4 and
Madden 09 off this list.

Another game that I think will sell very well that's not listed: Spore

nic7 said:
But you also must realize that it'll be much more costly and difficult to churn out copies of Wii Fit in comparison to Brawl. I imagine that Nintendo will have the same kind of trouble meeting demand with Wii Fit that they do with the Wii itself.

I don't see them having as much trouble with Brawl saying as it's just a disc inside a case.. not a high tech board put inside a large box..

But, I do agree that Wii Fit will still sell rather well in the States due to approximately like 2/3 of our population being considered overweight or obese.. I imagine the media will be all over it..

Of course, I still think Brawl will outsell Wii Fit..

Good points. One problem with Wii Fit sales might be its release date. It will prolly be released a couple months after Brawl giving Brawl a huge(millions of copies) head start.
Since this topic is about sales in 08. Brawl might win this year. But I think eventually Wii Fit is gonna sell like Thriller.

I think Nintendo is smart in releasing Wii Fit in May. It will sell out and be hard to find. Giving it some time to be released may mean it may be easier to find come Christmas...but I doubt you will be able to find it during Christmas either!

My pick - Wii Fit FTW!

*sigh* to think in a couple of years every wii fit user will be skinny but deprived of outside fitness. xDD

I read an article that said Wii fit is not designed for weight loss. So im sure they will put some kind of notice so no one can sue because it "doesn't work" :p

It does work.They had it at game conventions and people to test it out.You think they would release a game that doesnt work-Do you think they would risk such a high thing???

And as we all know, overweight people are always the most active. That's why they're overweight... because they like to exercise? Uhhhh...

This doesn't sound right...

Backwards Man said:
I think Nintendo is smart in releasing Wii Fit in May. It will sell out and be hard to find.

It is possible that they are delaying the release in order to have enough stock for the expected surge in sales.

Not only will the people get WiiFit for the game, they will be getting the Wii Board also. So, those skates/snowboarders/gamers who don't want WiiFit, but want the board for one of the other 10 games to be released, will be buying the game also.

Budo said:
And as we all know, overweight people are always the most active. That's why they're overweight... because they like to exercise? Uhhhh...

This doesn't sound right...

Dude please think before you post.

If fat people weren't "trying" the Atkins trend wouldn't have existed.

For some reason I fear MGS4 will not sell that well. I just feel the fanbase is a "hardcore stealth gamer" niche. Meaning the mass public won't be interested unlike brawl.

Caliko said:
For some reason I fear MGS4 will not sell that well. I just feel the fanbase is a "hardcore stealth gamer" niche. Meaning the mass public won't be interested unlike brawl.

lol some1 agrees with me but i think the story has gotten a bit ott with him being like 60 or something

jimbo said:
lol some1 agrees with me but i think the story has gotten a bit ott with him being like 60 or something

I'm not hating on the game, I think the game might turn out great. But Metal Gear Solid means nothing to your average gamer.
I even beleive Metal Gear fans that own PS3's aren't even gonna buy it. The new game just doesn't feel right.

Back