The Bigs - Second Impression

zeropants

WiiChat Member
Jun 20, 2007
Here's an update to my thoughts on The Bigs after having it for a decent amount of time.

The controls are actually more intuitive than I first throught, but the lag remains an annoyance. However, it's only really noticeable when you want to make a diving play in the field.

Hitting and pitching interaction is great, and the lag makes almost no impact here.

I'm having a ball with Rookie mode. The bulk of what I play ends up there. It's hard to play against someone else that doesn't have the game because of the learning curve, so online would have been fantastic in that respect.

I'd have a harder time buying the game for $50 if there was an alternative, but being it's the only game in town it's worth the money. If you're a baseball fan, give the game some time and you'll enjoy it!

It's not lagging fool jigga. You are just making short quick little movements with the wiimote as opposed to doing actual motions.

I agree about the online play and it being hard for ppl who dont have a wii. But I think if you let them go through the tutorial, they will be able to play in notime. In fact, my 6 year old cousin was hitting good within 3 innings.

I like the game and cant wait for online for games like this.

BTW Ive saw videos shoing players jump off wall, how do you do that?

Maybe the quick movement when fielding is the problem, that is apparently what my problem is so far. Got pretty much everything down but the distance diving and most jumping catches.

I havnt had a chance to jump off walls. Do you hold and and pull up when close to wall?

vagrant said:
I got pretty much everything down. Including jumping off walls to steal homers.
The computer does this almost everytime. It would be nice to get this down, but I'm still playing on easy and they hardly ever hit homeruns. May need to tweak that soon, it is getting a bit unchallenging.

Last edited:
vagrant said:
Um.. you can't rob a powerup homer lol
Yea, thought of that after posting and then double posting it. They do go a bit far don't they? It would definitely be in the arcade style to have a power up to make it happen though.

Last edited:
Back