The Doors To Be the First Band to Have Rock Band 3 DLC

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Harmonix and MTV games have announced today that the legendary music of The Doors will be the first available for download in Rock Band 3 when the game launches on October 26 in North America and October 29th in the rest of the world for all major consoles, including the Nintendo Wii.* MTV Games and Harmonix will also be giving away three of The Doors’ songs for one week to any fan that purchases Rock Band 3 and plays online to celebrate the release of the game.

Twelve of The Doors’ most beloved songs, such as L.A. Woman, Riders on the Storm, and Light My Fire, will be added to the Rock Band 3 Music Store on October 26. Here’s The Doors’ legendary keyboard player, Ray Manzarek, talking about the band’s involvement in Rock Band 3, and especially the introduction of keyboards:

“I’m very excited that keyboards are finally a part of*Rock Band. It’s about time you guys got hip to the necessity of keys in rock. This is going to be great for all the gamers, because it’s a lot more difficult. *Rock Band 3 will require some brainwork, so . . . ‘Break On Through!’ *The free downloads, ‘Light My Fire,’ ‘Riders On the Storm’ and ‘Touch Me,’ are all great keyboard songs. And look out for The Doors’ lost masterpiece,*Live inVancouver, when it comes out Nov. 22!”

Back