The Official Brawl Character Creation Thread

The Storm

Legendary Super Saiyan
Mar 22, 2008
This thread is for any characters you would like o see in Brawl. If you post here, other than commenting on character creations, you Must provide a moveset for a Character you might like to see in Brawl. The moveset setup should look like this:

Character Name: Description

Special B Moves: Description

B: Description

Side B: Description

Down B: Description

Up B: Description

Final Smash: Description

Each of these categories must be filled. If you would like to do more, such as including Aerials and A moves, you are more than welcome to. Also, comments are greatly appreciated, as well as ideas you may think can help make someone elses set better. Please understand, this is an actual rating thread, so please do not post some ridiculous set for a character, such as putting that he does one attack and it killz everything. Bad example, but you get the point.

Also, if someone critiques your moveset in a negative way, do NOT freak out an spam up this thread with useless flame-wars, though you are open to and encouraged to defend your ideas as long as they are not so ridiculously bad you cannot defend them. Please abide by the Forum's rules, no foul language, no spamming, flaming, etc. Create as many movesets as you like, thats what this thread is about.

If you think you are no good at making movesets but you would like to see one for a character, you are open to ask anyone in the thread whose work fits your idea. Im sure they would be happy to oblidge.

Now, have a fun experience doing this, and Good Luck!

P. S. I will have some movesets I have already configured up in a few moments. You are free to start posting immediately.

Here they are.

As requested by Bodine.

Haunter:

B: Hypnosis: Haunter shoots six rings in front of him in rapid succession, one after the after. They travel slowly, about the length of Pikachu's Thundershock. If three of the six rings hit the foe, they are put to sleep for 1.5 seconds. if all six hit, the foe is put to sleep for 3 full seconds. Has a .5 second charge time, does no damage, .5 second cooldown.

Side B: Sucker Punch: Haunter shoots his fist forward like a rocket. it goes the distance of Link's boomerang, then dissappears. A new hand immediately forms on Haunter. If the Hand hits anything while being shot, it deals 7% damage, no knockback, and 1 full second stun.

Down B: Curse: A needle appears in front of Haunter, and stabs him. Haunter takes 55% damage from this. Then, a small ghost floats around the foe(s), inflicting 10% damage per second for 10 seconds. The only way to alleviate the Curse is by being killed or by waiting the full ten seconds. In addition, all Haunter's moves have their knockback power reduced to very low. It has a 4 second charge time. Haunter takes 12% damage per second that he charges it. If Haunter is hit, or the charge is released before the full 5 seconds passes, Curse does nothing, but Haunter still retains the damage.

Up B: Shadow Sneak: Haunter dissappears and dashes in the chosen direction (via control pad/stick) then reappears at the other side. Travels the distance of Zelda's teleport, Fareores Wind. If an enemy(s) are in Hauters way during this move, the dissappear as well, travelling with Haunter to the chosen direction. For every second they are invisible with Haunter, they take 3% damage. Haunter travels for 2 seconds full. Both Haunter and whomever he Snuck are invincible and cannot attack for one second after they all reappear.

Final Smash: Night Shade of Terror: Haunter dissappears, then dark winds blow the characters back and forth. They layer, and each layer goes the opposite direction the one below it was going. (Figure 1-3 for reference) Then, Haunter reappears, filling up nearly the entire screen with his gaslike body. He laughs heartily, and the wind speed increases, making it more difficult to stay on any platform. The wind does damage depending on Haunter's damage %. If Haunter's damage is 30% or less, the wind does 3% damage per second for 10 seconds. If his damage is between 31-70%, it deals 7% damage per second for 10 seconds. If his damage percent is 71% or higher, it deals 10% damage for every second for 10 seconds. Haunter only fills the screen for the last 4 seconds. The winds, in addition to dealing damage, can push the players off the screen. Their power is slightly less then Squirtles Water Gun fully charged.

Figure 1-3: Example on Final Destination.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<---------------------------------<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<-----------------------<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>--------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I know you guys prolly expected Shadow Ball in there somewhere, i felt we already had too much of that with the other players. Plus, Mewtwo's move in Melee was Shadow Ball.

Hitmonchan as requested by CK.

B: Focus Punch: Hitmonchan charges a powerful punch, then throws it with explosive force. Same speed and range as Falcon Punch. Has a 4 second charge time. Deals 30% damage plus immense knockback. (i felt we needed another Falcon Punch in the game)

Side B: Mach Punch: Hitmonchan dashes forward at a blinding speed, throwing a weak punch at the end. 4% damage, no knockback, .25 second stun, same range as Ike's fully charged Side B.

Down B: Counter: Hitmonchan blocks his face with his gloves, ready to counter any physical attack for 1.3 (hahaCK) seconds. He can only counter physical attacks, any projectile or magic based attack goes through.

Up B: Rapid Sky Uppercut: Hitmonchan jumps into the air at a 45 degree angle, travelling a small amount more than Mario's uppercut. While travelling, he punches furiously, letting loose a huge uppercut at the end. Any character caught in this attack deals 1% damage per hit, a total of 12 hits fired, and the uppercut at the end deals 7% damage and decent knockback. He is completely defensless during this attack from the bottom.

Final Smash: The "Chan Man's" Rhapsody: Hitmonchan rushes across the ring, not stopping until he hits a target. (note: if he does not run into anything, he could easily run out of the ring) If Hitmonchan runs into a target, the camera zooms in close, and a fast pace drum solo begins, rapidly beating the Snare drum. As the drum makes a hit, Hitmonchan also swings punches. All in all, it is a rapid punch flurry that goes to the beat of the drum. When the solo ends on a cymbal crash, Hitmonchan also throws his final punch, which is a straight forward "superman" punch. Each punch does 2% damage, with a total of 45 punches thrown in rapid, unblockable succession. The final "superman" punch deals an extra 25% damage, for a total of 115% damage dealt, plus immense knockback. If multiple characters are grouped together, the damage is split equally among them.

For those who dont know what the "superman" punch is, its a punch where the attacker rears back, and throws his fist into the opponents chest with their full body weight behind it. Its a KO punch basically.

So its known i plan on editing in his A moves later, which will include Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Mega Punch.

I think its time for me to make another moveset...hopefully i can measure up to the expectations!

King K Rool; DK 64 (I had to!)

B: K Rool Kannon: KKR (King K Rool) takes out a small hand cannon and shoots small cannonballs forward. The cannonball plops out of the cannon and rolls across the stage (kinda like Pikachu Thundershock yea?) deals 5% damage to whatever target it hits. No charge needed, two second interval between shots if attempted to fire repeatedly. No knockback, 1/2 second stun.

Side B: K Rool Vakuum: KKR takes out his signature K Rool vak, and sucks up everything in front of him. Whatever is sucked up, KKR can then fire, dealing 13% damage to the projectile and sending it the length of Zamus' Gun Attack (Reg B) (example: if he shoots a bomb, the bomb explodes as soon as it is shot, damaging K Rool as well) If K Rool sucks up a player, he gains 1% damage every second the player is inside the Vak. Escapable, rapidly buttonmash.

Down B: K Rool KlapTrap: KKR places an invisible claw trap on the groun, this dissappears as soon as it is laid. Takes 1.3 (CK rofl) seconds to set up trap fully and make it ready to work. Deals 10% damage and stuns the opponent for 3 seconds. Only 2 KlapTraps can be on the field at a time (like Diddy's banana rule)

Up B: K Rool Kopter: KKR takes a small propeller above his head, spins it, then takes off diagonally vertical. Able to steer. Chargeable, 2.5 seconds to fully charge. If Kopter blade hits anything, traps them in the circular movement, dealing 3% damage every hit. Hits from start to finish # 5. Cannot be used consecutively (while falling after already being used) distance equal to Diddy's rocket packs, charged and uncharged.

Final Smash: K Rool Krusher: KKR's giant alligator robot island from DK 64 comes on screen as a robot, able to drag itself across screen on wheels and fire rockets out of mouth and fingers, via B button. K Rool Krusher also has jets used to jump with, also deals 7% damage when running into you. Rockets deal 25% each from fingers, x 2, and 35% when fired from the mouth. Same amount of time allowed for Fox's Landmaster. Kind of a super landmaster.

There it is. Comments?

Banjo-Kazooie:

Double Jump: Instead of a second jump, Kazooie flaps her wings, propelling them higher into the air. Max: 3. (Like Pit's double jump)

B: Kazooie Kannon: Kazooie comes out of the backpack and fires blue eggs at the enemy. Same distance and style as G&W. 4% damage per egg.

Side B: Breegul Blaster: Banjo and Kazooie launch themselves forward with force. Much like Ike's forward B, chargeable, and does 5% damage at minimum, 12% maximum. Same distance and speed as Ike.

Down B: Clockwork Kazooie: An egg pops out of Kazooie, revealing a small robot chick. As soon as used, player loses control of Banjo-Kazooie and gains control of the chick. The chick explodes either by running into something, this includes Banjo Kazooie, or by pressing the A or B button. Does 20% damage, low knockback.

Up B: Flying Kazooie: Kazooie spreads her wings and flies high. Same movement, length, and distance as Ikes up B.

Final Smash: Super Breegul Ultra Flying Bomber (Recoome ): Much like Diddy's final smash, Kazooie flaps her wings and flies high with Banjo. Banjo throws grenade eggs made by Kazooie at the ground. Same length of time as Diddy's. Does 10% damage per egg. If fired rapidly from start to finish, maximum number of eggs fired is 15.

Goku:

B: Charged Kamehameha Wave: Charges like Samus, except can charge while falling also. Very low range, about the same range as Lucas' PK Fire. Does 9-17 damage, from minimum to maximum charge. Has immense knockback.

Forward B: Kaioken Attack: Much like Marth's Combo attack, multiple taps on the buttons give multiple hits. 7-12 Damage, low knockback, high stun.

Down B: "Now Im TRULY Angry": Goku gathers energy, and transforms into a Super Sayian. All of Goku's attacks get 5% extra damage to them plus extra knockback. Goku gains 3% damage every second he remains a Super Saiyan to his Damage counter as a negative effect. Performing the move again retards him back to his normal form.

Up B: Instant Transmission: Much like Mewtwo's teleport attack, Goku instantly teleports to the direction pointed, the same distrance as Zelda's "Faerors Wind". Goku is temporarily invincible in between the teleport distance. He gains 5% damage immediatly once this move is used.

Final Smash: Spirit Bomb: If Goku turns Super Saiyan without the negative effects. From point used, Goku gathers energy the size of Ganon Beast (Ganon's final smash) and throws it straight across the stage. Any on the receiving end of this attack are pushed with it out of the ring, no damage.

Semi-Perfect Cell (This is the only form available to start with. Final smash MUST be performed in order to play as Super Perfect Cell.)

B: Life Absorbtion: 10 second charge (cannot be used unless fully charged) When charged, can be used at any time by pressing the same button once. Cell's tail extends from his back and quickly stabs the opponent, dealing 25% damage to them and recovers 25% damage. Has a 1.5 second delay to hit. Has the same reach as Lucas' Pk Fire.

Forward B: Instant Rocket Punch: Can be charged a maximum of 5 Seconds. Cell teleports forward, punching the first thing he comes in contact with in the stomach. 2 second stun dealt to target. Has same reach as Ike's Forward B, charged and uncharged. Deals 5% damage.

Down B: Perfect Barrier: No charge: A quick purple blast all around Cell, repels all opponents and projectils. Has the same reach as Ike's "B" move (fully charged). The catch is, Cell still takes damage from whatever attacks, projectiles and physical moves, that were pushed away with this move. Causes knockback to opponents, no damage.

Up B: Instant Transmission: Same as Goku's.

Semi-Perfect Cell Final Smash: Cell grows bigger and bigger, about the size of Jigglypuff final smash; then explodes. Does massive damage, lower knockback than a normal punch. Cell MUST sacrifice one life. (this counts as a suicide in all types of Brawl) Cell then returns as Super Perfect Cell. All Cells moves gain a 5% damage increase, but no additional knockback. Also, this Final smash can only be used once per round.

Super Perfect Cell Final Smash: Ultimate Full-Power Kamehameha: Cell gathers power, and lets loose an enourmous Kamehameha slowly across the field. Any that touch this beam get 30% damage on impact, plus 15% damage for each additional hit (has roughly 5 hits from start to finish) plus monstrous knockback. Basically, any hit by this attack suffer instant KO. (can only be used when in Super Perfect form/.)

Theres my sets so far. Hopefully this can encourage some people to develop some really cool sets.

Those are pretty good. But did you make sure that there wasnt already a thread like this? I wouldent be surprised if there was.

Ill probably just stick around for a while and post a moveset later.

I havent seen one like this...only "One character that wouldve made Brawl perfect" and such. I think there was one before, but i think it got wiped out in the apocalypse.

You're right Storm, a thread like this was here before the apocolypse - it was about creating Mii characters, though. It failed, sadly...

You also didn't put this in the Brawl section...! :p You should ask a super mod to move it.

Whoops! Could you? Idk any of the mods.

???

Nobody wants to post a moveset/comments?

Idk either...requests would be nice, I can work with requests, we just need to make this thread live.

I guess. Im just to lazy to make anything right now, even through I did make a new stage on the other thread. Advertisement....

.....you know, lets see if I can come up with any bright ideas. I might be able too.

Awesome, id appreciate it. And I read your new stage, very very cool, and stays true to Brawl Ethics (lol)

If I wasn't so busy I would post a moveset.
When I have time I'll post one for Professor E. Gadd.

I don't know if any of you ever went to the Official Nintendo forums when they were open but there was a HUUUGE thread just like this one and there was this guy on there simply just killin it!! He was posting some AMAZING movesets for crazy characters!
I remember he even made moves for the Duck Hunt dog. I faintly remember-but I remember he said with side A he would hit you with a duck and with his up B he would hold on to a flying duck to return to the platform.

E-gadd! I think the old professor would be better as a background character or assist trophy. But continue making one for him anyways....

one thing id like to see is for storm to make his sig. a hell of a lot smaller.

Back