The Wii has hidden HD abilities

::~ well if its true, than nice
(if you think about it it would be kinda silly for any company developing stuff for tv's not think about hd)

Yeah, you're right. It's actually pretty naive to think that it wasn't in there now that I think about it.

Nintendo is smart though, they're waiting for the HD market to grow and than will probably start releasing HD games.

Geniuses, I tell you!

still doesnt mean anything...

the wii that you have right now... it wont put out HD with something simple like an update... and even if it did and i'm wrong...

who really needs to see a wii game in HD ? its fine now the way it is... its not like wii will ever power out texture and feel like 360 or PS3

HD wii is like DVD wii... i dont personally need it

i dunno its probably cool to some tho

forget HD... I want ONLINE PLAY ALREADY !. :mad:

Last edited:
for the sake of those who shelled out thousands of dollars for hd tvs

hd wii would be a nice add on...

same with dvd player... i have one in the living room but im using the ps2 for the bedroom and its too small for good 2 player guitar hero action.... and i hate connecting and disconnecting everything everytime i want to play

um is anyone here not realizing that it was a Drunk NOA Exec. that said it? you know that when someone is drunk they aren't always telling the truth. he/she might of said because he/she thinks the Wii should be HD so they thought they would say it and see what happens.

Lol, I don't see how this is possible, thought the Wii could only do a maximum of 480p... but yea, gameplay is much more important.

It is true. But the cost outweighed the balances. It would have either:

A. took a huge hit on framerates

or B. They would have had to add much more ram and that would have made the system cost more.

Still I think there may be a place for 720p in the future, definitely not 1080i

Am I wrong in saying that 480p is High Def? It's the lowest form it but it is considered HD. That being said I do kind of wish the graphics were a little better but people are write about the Wii when they say "graphics are the selling part of the system"... I love the Wii for it's intuitive design and Wii-motes

480p is considered standard definition. Graphics could be better, but I don't think it matters too much. Want better graphics you'll need a PS3 or an Xbox 360, but personally, I prefer the wii!:p

no, 480p is Enhanced Definition. 480i is Standard Def. The Wii supports 480p, so it's Enhanced Def. Which is a step below HD.

Also, you'll notice in the resolution options in the Wii, it says EDTV.

Back