Time to Complain?

Dec 4, 2006
Northern Ireland - Co. Down
Wii Online Code
8263-8201-5467-9061
With all these mixed messages I'm recieving over my Wii pre-order from Argos, I am really pissed off!

I can guarantee that if it doesn't arrive tommorow....... as promised......without a call or letter to tell me why.........the manager is in for earful!

Its also illegal to take the money without the goods. Just think of the profit generated already!

This could escalate into a legal case! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow, as long as you still get your Wii it's not illegal. Now I don't know how it works over there, but I'm sure its very similar here. You do have the right to complain and everything and you should.

Now I read others who ordered from Argos, and they said that Argos is having shipping problems.

In any case I hope you guys get yours soon, Wii rocks. Time for the rest of the world to experience it.

If you get enough people to complain about the same thing. I'm pretty sure it'll somewhat move faster. Unless they don't care about customer service ><

Complaining probably won't be much use. There's bound to be some clause in the small print that says you agree to them debiting your account when you actually pay for the goods, rather than when they dispatch them. You therefore won't have a leg to stand on.

I work for a financial company that often gets complaints, so I know what it's like from the other side so to speak. ;)

This is probably just similar to the issues wal-mart had a with a lot of stuff. People pre-ordered stuff late, but the date of shipping still said the original date, yet you later found out you were in a different shipping wave, so your's wasn't shipping out on that date.

i've also ordered for argos before they put up the notice about having sold out, and it seems i'm not getting one tomorrow as i haven't got a dispatch e-mail, argos do send those right?

I'm thinking i'll just cancel the order and pick one up tomorrow if there are any around..

I had a phone call from Argos earlier (Completely automated) about my Wii order from them not being available until the 13th. Luckily that's a present for someone, mine I'm picking up tomorrow at 7am.

Argos apparently have had a smaller supply than they thought they were going to have.... not looking good :(

Yellowlizard, if you are going to try to pick one up then keep the order. This way, if you have no luck getting one, at least you'll still have the order you can rely on for before christmas.

Icuic said:
I had a phone call from Argos earlier (Completely automated) about my Wii order from them not being available until the 13th. Luckily that's a present for someone, mine I'm picking up tomorrow at 7am.

Argos apparently have had a smaller supply than they thought they were going to have.... not looking good :(

Nice! At least it's coming in before the 25th! As for you, just a couple hours my friend till you get to be in our wii family :D

I rang Argos about 30 minutes ago and the guy said that mine has been dispached and i'm definately getting in tommorow :thumbsup: they were initially told by Nintendo that they would be getting 15,00 but now are only getting 12,000, good luck all : )

PS - Played Wii sports Bowling in Game today with some fit Nintendo representive and it by far surpassed all my expectations, it was without a doubt the best feeling i've had playing a games console in years, truly epic :D

Back