Mr_Stoukaph

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2006
Washington
Wii Online Code
2509-0795-4188-6793
Look at what I found at Kotaku.com:
Kotaku.com said:
It looks like Senator Hillary Clinton is gearing up for her war on video games.

Sources tell me that Clinton has been asking around for volunteers for a new anti-violence in video games initiative. Specifically, Clinton is trolling for someone how feels passionate about extreme violence in video games.

One of Clinton's brainbursts is to try and add a special tax to video games, sorta like what a lot of states do for cigarettes. The profits from the tax would then go to a child advocacy program.

The "concerned parent" would need to attend a press conference to make a short statement and should be able to deal with annoying reporters asking questions like: Did Sen. Clinton send out a memo asking for someone like you to talk for her at a press conference?

Just a word of warning gamers, this isn't going away. Clinton has her heart set on making violence in video games a key component of her platform. Taxes on video games are going to be discussed. Brian Crecente
Shes definitely not getting my vote in 2008. What do you think about this?

have they even played a good video game before? man, i really dont like people like that. they never worried about movies or tv! why must they pick on games?! oh wait, i know why! because they dont use them!

Usually i agree with issuses sen. clinton talk aabout but this one i don't. Violence in video games is not a bad thing. It all boils down to who's play the violent video game. If it's a smart person they it's only a video game and it's not telling us to go perform some violent acts. If someone dumb is playing the video game they get easily influenced and want to see how far they can imatate what's in the video game and it's people like that are ruining violent video games for us.

glad i'm not in US but:

sen. clinton won't be able to do it, it'll be a lie to get her voted for.
what could the possible consequences be?
how would she stop people getting a hold of violent video-games?

it would be un-ethical to give people jail sentences, or fines for playing a video-game

even if she managed to get rid of the american ones people would still import them in bulk and sell them.

and about the taxes being raised on video-games, if it is for pc you can get them free anyway. (although it's illegal)

if it's for a console/handheld you could easily just import a cheaper version from a country that uses english video-games and has the same area-thing as you like NTSC

Last edited:
get then to play Katamari and feal the love
or harvest moon

played voilent games all my life (25 years gameing fokes) im allright

ive been playing mortal kombat since the first one and ive never tried to pull someones spine out in order to hear a disembodied voice say "FATALITY!" also i have an anger problem and they say people with an anger problem are more likely to do the things they see in "violent" video games. well the only thing violent video games do for me are help me get rid of my anger. Mrs. Clinton needs to shut the hell up and get her head out of her ass. i wouldnt care if she was hit by a bus and her corps raped by a diseased dog.

Darkprinny said:
And to them
Before

During

During 2

Ather

Toasty
Yeah, you're COMPLETLY normal and sane darkprinny; just keep telling yourself that.:)

I'm a democrat, but I there's no way I'm voting for Hillary, or Liberman if he runs.

Both are really just wannabe republicans and neither seem to like videogames, especially the Grand Theft Auto series, which I enjoyed a lot, not because of the violence (which you have somewhat of a choice to commit) but because it's so expansive and really brings you back to whatever time the game is set in; my favorite is San Andreas because I want to move to California so bad and get into game design.

^Wow, that guy's off topic^

hay that was in a topic about "flaming noobs"

i just read it once and egnored it

Homicidal_Gamer said:
Sadly, I registered late today, if I had found this site a lot sooner, I would've been able to get at those losers! :lol:
Yeah, I think you could definitely have given him/her a run for his/her money. ~Marissa~ gave some great speeches that you missed.

Oh, but back on topic: Why is it that poloticians think that kids have some invoulantary (sp?) reaction to do and say everything that the see on TV and in games? I don't know anyone of any age like that.

Last edited:
registerednerd said:
Oh, but back on topic: Why is it that poloticians think that kids have some invoulantary (sp?) reaction to do and say everything that the see on TV and in games? I don't know anyone of any age like that.
Probably because they want to simply blame everything on the media, any pile of stunted growth unaware that entertainment is just that! Entertainment! And nothing more, deserves to doom themselves to some dank cell, somewhere, for having been so stupid! Movies, books, TV, Music, video games, ETC. They're all just entertainment, not guide books for damning yourself!

Back