TV Questions (480p to 720p)

Bubbagump said:
hi abc anyway im also a TV nub and i dont even know if the higher "P" number is better or if the lowest is better.

Think of it as a computer monitor, a 640x480 image resolution is lower than a 1024x768, right?

The same works with TVs, the higher the number the bigger the resolution they can handle.

The "P" o "I" stands for "Progressive" and "Interlaced"

A Progressive image is better, because each line on the screen will be refreshed (drawn) when you use your TV

An Interlaced image will only refresh every other line, rendering a less detailed image.

athenstiger said:
just an fyi

i bought that exact television about a month ago and freakin love it

the wii looks great with the av inputs, just change your wii settings to 16:9 ratio and no problems

i have component cables on the way and would be glad to give you some feedback after i receive them

this is a great television set though!

Hey there could you tell me if the TV has gold plated receptacles or not? Seems like it's important whether the component cable plugs are made of the same metal or not.

Thanks!

RoninPedoroshin said:
Hey there could you tell me if the TV has gold plated receptacles or not? Seems like it's important whether the component cable plugs are made of the same metal or not.

Thanks!

pretty sure they are not gold plated, but I will check when I get home from work tonight and let you know

okay, called home and asked the wife, the connections on the tv are not gold plated

hope that doesn't make much of a difference seeing that the nintendo cables I ordered are

?? i have never heard of this before is a potential issue

athenstiger said:
okay, called home and asked the wife, the connections on the tv are not gold plated

hope that doesn't make much of a difference seeing that the nintendo cables I ordered are

?? i have never heard of this before is a potential issue

No not at all, its just makes the cables more conductive, you dont have to have gold plated inputs, in fact ive never seen any before! lol the golds just to improve the loss and conductivty of the cable :)

I think the DMC effect also depends a lot on where abouts in the world you live. If you're in a particularly humid or damp area then it's worse, if you live in a dry area then it takes longer to get a hold.

Either way it's not a major deal. If you have to get new cables after a year, so what ? :)

Gold platings rub off. If you do use 'em, plug 'em in ONCE and leave 'em FOREVER. Gold is weak. Go platty or go back.

I'd recommend a CRT or a Plasma for Wii.LCDs don't look good displaying anything out of there native resolution,where plasmas and crt do.I had a Sanyo 30" 1080i widescreen CRT tv connected to my wii via component cables,and it looked great.

I'd recommend a CRT or a Plasma for Wii.LCDs don't look good displaying anything out of there native resolution,where plasmas and crt do.I had a Sanyo 30" 1080i widescreen CRT tv connected to my wii via component cables,and it looked great.

it depends largely on how well the processor of the TV scales the image. A wii @ 480p could look great on a 40" tv that scales well, and lousy on @ 480p on a 22" tv.

Back