USA to UK Gaming

greg2414

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Hi all,
Im importing a US console to the UK and in future to come will import all stuff from us as i will need to to play the games etc :)

Im just waiting for a bit of cash cant wait.
Whats ur views on it all atm.
And has any1 imported a console from us to uk if so does it work ok?? including net??

Why didn't you just buy one in the UK? Seems kinda silly to spend all the extra money in shipping fees to buy games from the US for the life of the console.

Sold out :)
and us games are alot cheaper in long run !

Dies it really matter lol ?
their cheaper by a few quid ok. if i get customs on a poxy $30 package then theres sumthing wrong, also why be so negative?? It's the same damn system as the UK just different format and i have to wait a few more days for my games?? I dont mind.

Regards :p

dont do that greg its stupid. for online games, you can only play agains us ppl i think. and you can never play with ur friends online then

i think its a good idea! im going to Floria in 3 days and was seriously considering gettin 1 out there (but i got my hands on one a day earlie in the uk! staff privilages at blockbuster! ;) )

its something like 1.969 dollers to the pond at the moment too!

well acually i think all online games are going to pretty much be international but i am unsure...

Lets see a game in the US costs $49.99. Shipping to the UK would be around $15.99 (reference). So that comes to $65.98 in US.

Based upon the exchange rate (1 USD = 0.509591 GBP) that would be 33.6228 GBP.

According to this UK game store (not sure if it is a main one or not), the same game would cost 39.99 GBP.

So he would save 6.3672 GBP or $12.49 in US dollars.

I suppose thats worth it unless there are any import fees that I am unaware of, but I'd hate to be waiting a week or two for a game to get to me.

Sometimes there are sometimes theres not.... but yes stuff is cheaper in the US for the.... as our money is not worth crap anymore these days but lets not get into that topic >.<

Back