Video turns off when playing virtual console games

mberneis

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
Wii Online Code
5306-1546-7978-7261
I downloaded a virtual console game (Sonic) and when I start accessing it the video blacks out (says "No Signal" on my TV) (sound is still ok). I am running the video through my Yamaha AV which video-upscales to component Video, displaying it on my Panasonic 42" plasma.
It seems that the Video-signals change when running virtual console games and the HSync/VSync signals are off so some component in the video path is unable to synchronize the signal anymore. When I press "Home" the picture comes back with the "RESET" / "Wii MENU" buttons.
All other games run perfectly - its just the virtual console channel which has this problem

Anybody else had a similar experience? - I heard about people complaining that the Virtual console games would be stretched on a wide-screen display. Maybe both problems could be fixed in a firmware update?

it sucks...

sonic collection is horrible...just like all other collections/anniversary blah! they sound all ****ed up and glitchy...i rather wait till the roms are playable ...and you ALL KNOW that its gonna happen...mwaaahhaa!!

mberneis said:
I downloaded a virtual console game (Sonic) and when I start accessing it the video blacks out (says "No Signal" on my TV) (sound is still ok). I am running the video through my Yamaha AV which video-upscales to component Video, displaying it on my Panasonic 42" plasma.
It seems that the Video-signals change when running virtual console games and the HSync/VSync signals are off so some component in the video path is unable to synchronize the signal anymore. When I press "Home" the picture comes back with the "RESET" / "Wii MENU" buttons.
All other games run perfectly - its just the virtual console channel which has this problem

Anybody else had a similar experience? - I heard about people complaining that the Virtual console games would be stretched on a wide-screen display. Maybe both problems could be fixed in a firmware update?

I'm having the same EXACT problem. :mad2: Similar setup with a Yamaha AV unit but a Sony LCD. Have you resolved your issue? What's your Nintendo email addie? Maybe we can stay in touch?

Back