Wal-Mart selling wii gift cards? what a joke!

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
For some reason this struck me as a little “cheap“, and I’m not referring to the price.

Wal-Mart.com is currently selling a Gift Card with that value of $249.24 (the price of a Nintendo Wii) - in hopes that parents will buy the gift card to give to their children for the Holidays.

wii_card.jpg

“Merry Christmas little Joey, technically we bought you a Nintendo Wii… but you just have to find one for yourself - it’s like 2 gifts in one! A Wii and a scavenger hunt!”

Personally, I think that any kid would be let down to get this… I mean they would get what it stood for. Correct me if I’m wrong, but does any kid really want to open up a gift card on Christmas morning?

Alright, let’s say a kid gets the Wii gift card for $250, pretty much the choice is wait for the Wii … or get a new bike and a whole buggy load full of toys? If I was a kid, the choice would be a no brainier.

What do you guys think of this?

EDIT: Of course Wal-Mart isn’t just selling this gift card for children, I’m sure there are plenty of adults out there that would love to get this as a gift. I guess just call me old fashioned… but if I’m dropping $250 on a gift - I want to be getting the physical item, not just a place holder.

this article really gave me a good laugh, honestly, if i got this for christmas, ide be insulted!

haha, i hope you liked the article, feel free to express your thoughts :)

source- http://www.wiispin.com/2007/11/28/walmart-selling-wii-gift-cards/

i also would be disappointed to get this as a gift
why not just wait to buy a wii when you see one? xP

Personally I think it's a great idea.

If people can't find a Wii for Christmas, they could at least have this so they could get one soon.

I think it's a cool idea since heaps of parents won't be able to find a Wii before Christmas with the way they're still selling...the kid will at least know they've got one coming to them, all paid for.

yea they hav a count of how many bought and reserve that many so others cant buy them....well thats how i THINK it is anyway...otherwsise youd better be in bed now getting ready to wake up at 3 am for the next 16 weeks to sit outside walmart

i think its fair. if you're mad at your parents for not being able to find an item in huge demand, then you are the moron, not them.

It's not that bad of an idea. As others have mentioned, at least the kids know their getting one. Also, if there is a Wal Mart near the person's home and they got a shipment of Wii's in, the person could then use the prepaid gift card to purchase a Wii.

i think it works as a gift to other adults / teens, but kids no...this would be a let down.

you are ungrateful if you would be insulted/angry/disappointed/etc

Back