What was the point of Update 3.1?

xxmarioxx

WiiChat Member
Aug 13, 2007
NJ, USA
Wii Online Code
8340-4296-5417-5503
I cant find anything noticeable with the update 3.1. Also with the everybody votes and internet channel.

xxmarioxx said:
I cant find anything noticeable with the update 3.1. Also with the everybody votes and internet channel.

the new features that come with update 3.1 are the ability to use a USB keyboard for the wii message board channel and there is a virtual clock now so if future games come out like AC:WII or Tony Hawk's: Proving Ground for the wii it can use the internal clock in the wii.

are they going to be making their own nintendo keyboard to sell?

I was wondering if thereare any wireless keyboards out there that are know to work?

And ive also heard of the "Widget View Mode" and i got no clue what that is. So if anyone does wanna let me know cuz im a little curious.

actually....there is more then the keyboard

you can actually send sites to your mii friends........the blue slot light turns on while on the internet and knowing you got a message without going to the wii menu....and highlight stuff and search the stuff you highlight....and a few more stuff

At least one wireless keyboard works!

crazyman2 said:
I was wondering if thereare any wireless keyboards out there that are know to work?

I am using the Logitech MX3200 wireless desktop right now to type this message on my Wii. It seems to be working great. I'm especially happy because it was on sale at Staples for $30 8>
It was a bit tricky to get it to work though. I had to install it on my PC, install the Logitech SetPoint software and go through the security setup that pairs the wireless dongle with the keyboard. Funny how that wasn't in the instructions, Logitech -- the keyboard wouldn't even work with the PC until I did that. But after it was done, I just unplugged the dongle, plugged it into the Wii, and started typing. It is extremely awesome to be sitting on my couch with a keyboard on my lap. It's like having a really light laptop with a huge screen.
I hope this helps someone looking for a wireless keyboard to use with the Wii.

Perfect! Thank you very much i totally rep'd you or what ever. i'll go grab myself one of those. sounds kinda trouble some and outa my league tech wise so i might come back to you for help, but still thanks so much.

Now for the second question, anyone know what "widget view mode" is or if there is such a thing?

MRCOOLGH said:
the new features that come with update 3.1 are the ability to use a USB keyboard for the wii message board channel and there is a virtual clock now so if future games come out like AC:WII or Tony Hawk's: Proving Ground for the wii it can use the internal clock in the wii.

I have already noticed that in Super Paper Mario. There was a clock placed somewhere and it told the real time, niffty.

First do the firmware update to v3.1, then go into the shop channel and download an update for both the Internet Channel and the Everybody Votes Channel

Back