What would you rate this game?

@ shion: very nice. how are grab combos?

ps. truth hurts got owned

spiff-ssbb said:
@ shion: very nice. how are grab combos?

ps. truth hurts got owned

Well, I have noticed a few nerfs to comboing.

For example: Cap Falcon side b dows about 10% damage.

But when the victim is in the air, he is so far up that falcon can't really combo attack without missing...

Little nerfs like that affect comboing, but grab combos are still good and solid.

Snake's are awkward to pull off because the victim can get up super quick and dodge his attack...

Shion said:
Well, I have noticed a few nerfs to comboing.

For example: Cap Falcon side b dows about 10% damage.

But when the victim is in the air, he is so far up that falcon can't really combo attack without missing...

Little nerfs like that affect comboing, but grab combos are still good and solid.

Snake's are awkward to pull off because the victim can get up super quick and dodge his attack...
thats good to know. ya it looks like CF got the worst hit with nerfs. slower dash + nerfed sweet spot for knee and no meteor smash.
i think IC chain grabs got nerfed to, no?
and how competatively did you play melee mind i ask

Lugia said:
nic7 i could say the same thing to you so saying that i dont know anything about "how it plays" is arbitrary. since i played melee and the original alot id hope i know a little about how it plays.:lol:

On the contrary, many of the impressions of the import copies say that the game plays and feels like an entirely different experience compared to Melee. In fact, the original and Melee play very different from one another. I'm surprised you haven't read this or noticed this saying as you've played both games to such a high extent.

Of course the real question is.. what would you have reviewed the other two games?

Last edited:
spiff-ssbb said:
thats good to know. ya it looks like CF got the worst hit with nerfs. slower dash + nerfed sweet spot for knee and no meteor smash.
i think IC chain grabs got nerfed to, no?
and how competatively did you play melee mind i ask

I was competive enough to win 27 gamestop tournaments and learn all the advanced techniques, and master them with mah foxie.

nic7 said:
On the contrary, many of the impressions of the import copies say that the game plays and feels like an entirely different experience compared to Melee. In fact, the original and Melee play very different from on another. I'm surprised you haven't read this or noticed this saying as you've played both games to such a high extent.

Of course the real question is.. what would you have reviewed the other two games?

ok. its only an entirely different game if you havent played any of the games at all. of course im not going to do well out of the box. when i remember first playing ssbm i couldnt stand it but now im a decent player. ssbb is just going to be another learning experience in a chain of unique fighters. ssb was ground breaking so id probably give that a 9 and give ssbm an 8 like im hypothetically giving ssbb an 8. extra chars extra modes blah blah blah of course the game is evolving like any basic game and not exceeding the games that had a limited capacity in the first place.

TruthHurts said:
Shut up with your stupid fanboy statements, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake
3. Stage builder/online/ co-op modes.

That's nothing innovative, they have just thrown in a couple of extras....

Wouldnt that mean that Nic7 would be entitled to his own? He was simply stating his opinion on the matter.

Back to the topic at hand. Id probobly give it a 47/50

Last edited:
Well, from what I've seen from the game... 9.8, because no game is perfect, we'll see when we get it though.

Vigilante said:
Well, from what I've seen from the game... 9.8, because no game is perfect, we'll see when we get it though.

um oot?:worship:

Shion said:
I was competive enough to win 27 gamestop tournaments and learn all the advanced techniques, and master them with mah foxie.
wow thats pretty impressive. i never could master the wave dashes out of shines for infinates. i was more of a sheik player anyways. since i never mastered all of the techniques (meaning i learned them all but only was able to utilize the shffl and the ever important teching for most of my games) sheik was a perfect character. mind games were everything

to Nic:
i read these things also. brawl is said to be a mix of the two. sorta floaty like smash 64 but resposive more to the likes of melee. personally i wasn't into videogames enough to be able to rate smash 64 but melee is like... everything lol 8.5-9/10. great pick up and play + depth of gameplay. only lacks the depth in character selection that brawl will offer and the extensive single player for more solitary gamers.
my only possible disagreement with the production of brawl (discluding characters included/discluded for i dont believe this to being as crutial as gameplay) is the disclusion of chain throws and l-cancels. i'll wait to see how it pans out of course and i will probably end up liking it more but they are the only two things i'm iffy about as of yet

Last edited:
ive seen my friend play but he wouldnt let me play*wat a jerk* anyways igive it a 10 to the 10th powre, yea, i really like it & i really wanna play it

Back