Whats the best web browser?

Firefox is the best, I have been using it since it came out.

bmurray91 said:
ive just found that in the task manager, when my computer starts to slow down (which isnt very often), firefox is always the process that uses the most memory.
What extensions are you using? Keep in-mind that many Firefox memory-leaks are actually the fault of poorly-coded extensions. You might want to try running without extensions for a while to see if that makes a difference.

That said, Firefox's history and caching (so that use of the [Back] button is speedy) requires a lot of RAM, and it's only compounded the more tabs you have open. It's hard to track this in IE to compare as it's not associated properly in Task Manager (since that memory is lumped together in Windows' own memory use).

Firefox hands down, so much faster, security, add-ons, and is the easiest browser to use.

If Firefox runs slow, it's very easy to deplete the memory stored within the browser.

I find firefox has some annoyances... I still say avant browser, it also fixes problems in IE... I'm usuing it right now

Last edited:
but not many people know about avant browser... that's why they always say firefox

I know about Avant, but still recommend Firefox. Avant only fixes the "in your face" UI issues with IE. Those don't concern me. As someone who works as a computer technician, my bigger concern is all the people who bring me PCs infected up the arse with crap because they use IE as a primary browser. Avant does not fix those problems with IE. Those are behind the scenes.

Even if you don't care that using IE means you're voting for NOT being able to browse the internet with your PDA, cell phone, Wii, etc... you should at least care about the welfare of your own PC. Check out this table of data which is kept up-to-date automatically, then tell me why you want to use IE?

http://www.webdevout.net/browser-security

i have tried avant and just something about it didnt appeal to me

Gaz said:
depends from system to system. i find camino to be the fastest.

i use firefox for mac but it crashes alot. any one know why? i had sage(an rss reader) installed, but then i uninstalled it and it still crashes. the only thing i have is some delicious buttons. i had shiira but that became a pain.

Syntax said:
I find both Safari and Firefox to be good web browser's. Whereas I found Internet Explorer and Netscape to be quite slow.
My thoughts as well, for PC users I believe Firefox is the best browser and for Mac Safari is a better fit.

sremick said:
Even if you don't care that using IE means you're voting for NOT being able to browse the internet with your PDA, cell phone, Wii, etc... you should at least care about the welfare of your own PC. Check out this table of data which is kept up-to-date automatically, then tell me why you want to use IE?

I mainly stick with IE - runs quick enough, all our clients use it as their reference browser - I fire up Firefox on occasion to confirm compliance with anything that's a public resource (which doesn't represent much of our dev efforts). FWIW, my 8525 WM5 Phone (now flashed to WM6) browses great using the integrated Mobile IE (esp. on 3G networks).

Back