Whats with all the hype about Wii Silicone Skins

Maybe. In the same sense that the buttons aren't AS easy to press with the skins.

ins0 said:
Would using a recharge station for the Remotes be affected by the silicone skins?

I'm pretty sure you can't use a charge station with skins unless they have a hole where the battery cover is. There needs to be contact between the charger and the battery for it to charge. I know there are skins like the one that IGN was showing recently that don't completely cover the remote. They also don't look as good in my opinion. Im gonna end up getting rechargable batteries though cause then you can use them in other devices if you want. The recharge station is cool and all but rechargable batteries or more practical methinks.

Are they worth the money? Also, if they come with a colored wrist strap, is it a quality wrist strap or a cheap one that will break.
Are they difficult to put on the controllers? Do they tear?

wiisports said:
Actually theres been a lot of cool things to get for the wii...I found this deal on a deal site of wii accessories for 60% off.

Link

use the coupon: wii60off

to get 60% off your items, plus free shipping.

Wow, thanks for the coupon, $3.5 for the skins and free shipping, I bet the shipping would cost more than the skins :lol:

MasterJedi2U said:
I'm sorry but they look like condoms....really rubbery thick condoms....sick I know but thats what I see when I look at em and I can't imagine myself putting it on and taking it off everytime my Wiimote needs a battery change. Its just TOO strange...lol.

Lmao now everytime I see them I'm going to think about that :lol:

wiisports said:
Actually theres been a lot of cool things to get for the wii...I found this deal on a deal site of wii accessories for 60% off.

Link

wow thanks for that, i wonder if it still works.

did you (or anyone else) but a wiimote silicon cover? If yes, are all the buttons easily accessible? Or does the skin kind of 'get in the way'. I don't know the thickness of the skin and the + - buttons are extremely small, so it might be hard to reach once the skin is on..

Last edited:
Masterjedi2u has put me off silicone skins for a while. . . .

that made me think and urgh i get shivers :p

i think i might stick to clammy wii motes for now :p

MasterJedi2U said:
I'm sorry but they look like condoms....really rubbery thick condoms....sick I know but thats what I see when I look at em and I can't imagine myself putting it on and taking it off everytime my Wiimote needs a battery change. Its just TOO strange...lol.

Its true, only because you have to roll it up to put the batteries in, then rolling it down is exactly like putting on a condom- several of my friends have commented.

That aside, I really like mine because I have large hands and it makes the controller slightly larger around. The buttons are more recessed but it doesn't bother me.

I reackon they look pretty sweet, especially the black one, i was gonna buy some but havent got around to it lately.

I have blue,pink,carbon,black covers for each of the Wii motes, i played around first with them on and then off, you get a lot more grip in games i noticed. They also help keep it clean.

One thing i noticed though was when i took on eof the sleves off, it was all a little slimely undernearth on the controler and had to clean it lol. But that wasn't a big issue as i'll be keeping the covers on the Wii motes.

When changing batteries it isn't bad at all, just roll the end up half way, change battery and then roll the cover down.

Oh i haven't got any for the Nunchuck though, just the Wiimote

wiisports said:

Link

I just put in my order there. 2 silicon wiimote/nunchuck skins for $7.19, and free shipping.

Thanks again :cornut:

Back