Whats with all the short games?

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
so i just found out Zelda Phantom hourglass is only about 15 hours. . . a bit short. . . but not bad for a portable game i guess.

I was also dissapointed with the length of MP3, i expected it to be twice as long. . . I beat it in about 16 hours.

why is it that nintendo can only make long games like TP or short games like MP3?

why can't they make a good medium length game thats like 30 hours? ^_^

I just want a $50 product to last a while ya know?

anyone else feel this way?

sirgrim said:
Pokemon, Mario Strikers, Smash Bros.
well a smashbros. game hasn't come out in years and i got bored of repetative pokemon games a long time ago.

mariokart is fun.

it just seems all of nintendo's main franchises like zelda, metroid etc. are this way.

Brawl is coming out soon, along with mario kart which I forgot about. The new DS Pokemon is pretty good. Sure they are all similar, but the online and improvements have made it worth it.

The others are just meant to be adventures, I do wish they would make an open world Zelda game though.

What Percentage were you at for those games.? Try getting to 100% then it adds like an extra 10 hours. Plus i know what you mean, cause if you rush those games it takes an extremly short amount of time.

laderer5 said:
What Percentage were you at for those games.? Try getting to 100% then it adds like an extra 10 hours. Plus i know what you mean, cause if you rush those games it takes an extremly short amount of time.
i take my time but i usually don't bother to do all of the sidequests, etc.

Well all I can say is, just know what your getting yourself into before you play. Somehow..(demo channel? :lol:)

But seriously yeah, I didn't like the length of metroid either, I beat it at 81% in 11 hours and 17 minutes. I still enjoyed it though.
At least we can expect the next Zelda to be long.

CantGetAWii said:
Well all I can say is, just know what your getting yourself into before you play. Somehow..(demo channel? :lol:)

But seriously yeah, I didn't like the length of metroid either, I beat it at 81% in 11 hours and 17 minutes. I still enjoyed it though.
At least we can expect the next Zelda to be long.
wow, thats fast. :lol:

I think Nintendo announced WAY BACK that they were going to make 1 last zelda game! THE LAST ONE! Not sure if this was false info but that's what i heard. I'll look for a link just give me a while. Alot of searching needs to be done.

Its not just Wii, XBox owners have complained that games like BioShock and Halo 3 are too short too.

laderer5 said:
I think Nintendo announced WAY BACK that they were going to make 1 last zelda game! THE LAST ONE! Not sure if this was false info but that's what i heard. I'll look for a link just give me a while. Alot of searching needs to be done.

THey can't just stop making Zelda games... It's been making them for 20 years or something already!

SoUL said:
My cousin told me he beat H3 in 6 hours.... 6 HOURS!! :wtf:
0.o wtf, at least most wii games aren't that short. . . I guess your paying for the online though. . . but you have to pay for online anyway! :lol:

well I'm sure your cousin is an above average gamer but still, games are way to short theses days.

I personally would not pay $60-$120 for a really short game with great online + the cost of online, another $60.

Back