Who exchanges Wii games w/o receipt?

FYI: Tried to take the games to Walmart, they refused. Said that if item comes from Electronics dept then you must have a receipt. didnt matter if it was exchange or credit.

gdizzle said:
Got these 2 games in a big Wii bundle, I'd like to exchange them for other games (that are less violent). They are still sealed. The 2 games are Metroid 3 and Zelda Twilight. Like I said these are brand new, still sealed. I tried to take them to Target today and they refused because I dont have receipt.

Any ideas?? I think I'd like to get the Mario Galaxy instead and maybe that Roller coaster game, Thrillville. Better for kids I think.

why do you want to return metroid? its too violent? how old are you?

The person wants to return the games because they're too violent for the kids. Also, if you want, you could always go to GameStop and ask how much you could get for the games. Or, just sell them over ebay or craigslist.

target is really strict about stuff like that.
try wal mart. they will take it back as long as it's still sealed.
or you could try circuit city. i've done it there once.

sorry if someone already gave these suggestions, didn't read the responses.

try local game stores there pretty popular games i dont see a smaller store having a big problem with it

small local video game stores is prolly ur best shot
assuming u tried
bestbuy
circuit city
walmart
gamestop
oh and who ur dealing with and how u approuch them and what u say is very important

make sure they know right away that its just a exchange and not a return
like say u came here yesterday and got the wrong game and tell them you got yelled at by ur significate other or who ever and then say how its for your children and someone recomended them but its not suitable for your young kids
dont tell them u dont have a recite till they ask and act surprized tell them its at home
oh really i didnt know i needed that for an exchanges

seriously just go to walmart or circuit city. i know for a fact it works at both places. i've done it countless times.

if you go to walmart make sure that they have the games you want to get, because without a receipt you get store credit & it would be kind of pointless if they didn't have the games you wanted.

as for circuit city. go to the customer service & tell them you got them as a gift & it isn't what you wanted. as long as they have those games on the self they will take them.

so no receipt needed. like i said just say you received them as gifts and you don't want them and you'd like a different titles. you will have no problems. promise =]

tdogg245 said:
go to walmart. I cant believe nobody suggested that.

I've done it many times and with wii games specifically.

Walmarts business is built around customer satisfaction.

Exactly. I've done this multiple times. I've even done it with opened games (although, they'll only exchange it for the same game). All of the games were purchased elsewhere. For example, I bought three Wii games in that Toys R Us deal, and returned MP3 to Wal-Mart for $50 store credit.

I can tell you that Best buy won't accept them. Metroid and Zelda a little too violent for you? Make sure you don't get a 360 or ps3 lol.

They already said they tried walmart.. Which I was going to suggest till they mentioned it. I've returned 3 month old khakis there that got a ink blotch on them.. no questions asked lol.

Aw that stinks, they are both good games, but are a little dark and not suitable for your 6 and 8 year olds...

I'd take them to gamestop, but they are both new, so I dunno what you could do...

thanks for all the ideas.
Ended up selling Metroid on Amazon to a soldier (US) in Bagdad for about $35 profit. And I kept the Zelda game, figuring in a year or two kids will be older for it. Also bought Mario Galaxy, Rayman II and GH3.

Back