Why Does UK Get Bullied

Wii_Smurf

No.1 Smurf
Dec 5, 2006
Manchester
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Ok so BestBuy sells Wiimotes for $39.99 and thats £19.99 so why do us UK people get charged £29.99 per Wiimote?

We get Bullied :( And it's annoying...

US got Wii for $250 which is £129 - We got charged £179 (With Wii Sports obviously)

Why do we get charged so much? Were far away I know but thats bollocks

Wii_Smurf said:
Ok so BestBuy sells Wiimotes for $39.99 and thats £19.99 so why do us UK people get charged £29.99 per Wiimote?

We get Bullied :( And it's annoying...

US got Wii for $250 which is £129 - We got charged £179 (With Wii Sports obviously)

Why do we get charged so much? Were far away I know but thats bollocks

the wii is more expensive because you got the real DVD box of wii sports :smilewinkgrin:

I think that it is because of your region and also the fact that they have to make entirely different cables for your consoles also. I am not sure but I also think that the currency exchange may not be good in your country therefore the up in price.

Edit: yes you do also get a real box for wii sports. But I dont see that much of a markup for cost on such a little thing lol.

Its more tax and import duties (the price you pay for living on an easily defendable island) than anything else. There is little things like the plugs but europe is pretty solidly 2-pin plugs and they only get a slight saving on what we get.

More importantly Im still trying to work out why our launch was a full 3 weeks after the US one. That was a kick in the balls, unless of course they needed all that time to produce dvd cases for wii sports :D.

Last edited:
Did UK got screwed over like the US did not having enough and stores not getting shipments they were supposed to? Its probably a dumb question to ask so sorry if I missed something.

you need different power cords because your outlets are different than NA. It costs money to make them. And whats the big deal. Its worth it.

No its not
Its the goverment 17.5% vat on every thing

Back