Wii almost fried!! Do NOT use standby!

Klywak said:
And if anyone wanted to know...

<< Thats me.

I'm a Guy, unlike how people think I'm a girl.

if it makes you feel any better, you can tell youre a guy in the pic....you have little or no feminine features about you (not that that is an insult!)

:) but IM a girl not a guy! and yes, that is me and my gun as an avatar so QUIT askin! hahaha

That wouldn't work because each game is encrypted to the specific wii that you downloaded it on.

My Wii stays on standby all day and it's not unusually hot as far as consoles go. it's a little warm but nothing scorching. No blisters on my hands and I can handle the bottom with my bare hands.

A little warm but nothing serious in short

I'd call up Nintendo and ask them if they thought it was ok. If your Wii fries, then you can blame them ;)

Okay I found a way to describe it.

Run an XBOX(yes regular XBOX if you haven't traded it in yet) for about an hour straight then touch the bottom.

Ok, my Wii gets dangeroulsy hot on standby mode also. I heard in a diffrent forums that the Wii is using the same amount of power and doing about the same thing but in standby the fans are not functionall thus the Wii gets hot. However I put my Wii on one of those cooling stations and when it's on standby mode. It dosent get as hot. Still, be careful with your Wii. :D

Back