wii balance board functioning properly?

wiiveli

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2013
I recently bought a used Wii Balance Board which I am using with Wii Fit Plus.

I am trying to get some idea of whether the board is functioning properly. Is there any reliable way to test this?

I am using the board on carpeting with the extenders, but because of some problems I was having I also actually put a hard piece of cardboard under the board to give it more support. This seems to have helped with accuracy from what I can judge, but the functioning still appears to be off.

Here are a few problems I have noticed:

Wii Fit Plus often tells me it cannot find me. It will reboot its systems and try again and still not find me. Sometimes the only way I can make it find me is by physically moving the board a few inches from where it was originally placed on the floor (I don't know why this works).

Wii Fit Plus does not seem to be weighing me accurately. It is giving me drastically different weights from day to day. Recently it has told me one day that I gained 17 lbs and last time that I gained 9.

Wii Fit Plus will often tell me my weight is different just a few minutes after weighing me. It then asks me if I want to retry or continue to the game. Sometimes I retry but still get the message my weight is different so I just continue to the game. I don't know if this is throwing off the sensors for the game or not, since for whatever reason the Balance Board thinks my weight is different.

Sometimes I have noticed while doing the Aerobics step dance game that the Balance Board will not register my footsteps. This doesn't happen often, maybe 2 or 3 times per game, but I know I am stepping on the board, so I'm not sure why the board is missing this.

Would appreciate any feedback from others about whether these problems are fairly common or indicate a problem with the hardware of my board.

Thanks.

Back