Wii Classic Controller Vs Game Cube Controller

gspin2k1

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2007
So I downloaded a few games that require a Wii Classic Controller and/or game Cube Controller...I also plan to buy a game cube game or two to play on my Wii...I currently only have Wii Remotes and Nunchucks..

Can anyone tell me what would be really the advantage of buying the Classic Controller over the Game Cube Controller and Vice Versa. Thank you.
~G

There are loads of threads with the same question. Use the search.

but I've heard that the gamecube controller plays all Gamecube games and most VC Games

and the classic only plays VC

but he'll need to know if the classic control will work with GC Games.

I have GC controllers and I plan on using them for VC Games...if it truly turns out to be so horrible for Super Mario World as people have been complaining about then I might get one. But it will be for free so its no biggie. I just refuse to spend anymore money on Nintendo stuff until Mario Party comes out.

I've been wondering the same thing I purchased two VC controllers but never opened them because I have plenty of Gamecube controllers. So I was just considering returning them and picking up another Wii game since I don't see myself playing on the virtual console much anyways exept for a couple of possible N64 games.

Well I'm pretty much set:

I'll get the Wii for my birthday if my mom can get her hands on it.
My aunt is buying me a game for it.
I'm buying the Intec GCN controllers on amazon.com.
My sister is giving me 40 dollars which I'll use to buy N:CoN.
My free classic controller should be arriving on the 21st.

but I had thought you could play GCN games w/ the C. controller don't know why but w/e.

Last edited:
gamecube controllers suck for the VC the classic controller works much better and is worth all $20. with the gamecube controller the buttons are mapped really weird and hard to use but the classic controller is perfectly mapped

Belmont said:
gamecube controllers suck for the VC the classic controller works much better and is worth all $20. with the gamecube controller the buttons are mapped really weird and hard to use but the classic controller is perfectly mapped

i've never purchased a VC game. that sucks you can't remap the buttons on the GC controller. I was close to buying a wavebird yesterday, but i thought i'd do some research first. Maybe i'll just buy one classic and one wavebird

So to play Gamecube games (which I'm planning to buy) its best if I get my hands on a Gamecube controller?

Back