Wii Drive Sounds (Not Normal?)

when you send your wii in to be repaired and it is under warranty, do they extend the warranty when it is returned?

fritzkrieg said:
when you send your wii in to be repaired and it is under warranty, do they extend the warranty when it is returned?

Yeah, they extend it by a year. I had to send my Wii in last July for the disc drive making grinding sounds.

The Wii's have notoriously cheap/crappy/bad disc drives. This is a rather pervasive problem (just google it), and most people don't realize it until their disc drives fail completely. I feel bad for all those folks who will put it all off until the drive totally fails after the Wii is out of warranty.

I'll probably be sending my Wii back in before the year extension ends in July. The disc drive is already sounding louder than it did when I got the replacement Wii.

My wii makes an even louder sound than that.

But... I got my wii Dec. 17, 2006.

So it's more than likely out of warranty.

But my wii also does the "Disc Read Error" while playing Smash bros.

I looked on the site, and it said that they'd repair it free of charge.

I was wondering, if I sent in my wii to Nintendo, would they fix it free of charge, even though it's out of warrenty?

Or would they just clean the lense. And let my disk drive rot?

Thanks for the reply Atomheart. My drive makes noises and the games will not play intermittantly. I've been just dealing with it for a while, but my warranty is up in a 3 months, so I wanted to get it fixed up. I was afraid they might make things worse when I send it in for repair, and am glad to hear the warranty will extend, just in case things get gunked up more.

I've played on a few friends' Wiis and all of them made at least a LITTLE drive noise.

None of them had any issues playing games or otherwise working properly.

I'd say don't bother sending it in unless it sounds REALLY bad or literally stops working.

Back