Wii Files Corrupted

andyjama

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
Used my Wii last night without any problems, but this morning as I turned it on I get a "Files corrupted - please refer to the manual."

As a patient gamer I turn up the pages to see what I can do:

"The Wii system memory is corrupted. Visit www.nintedo-europe.com...."

...which I do.

Haven't found anything usefull so I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers here .:mad2:

I really don't care for any savegames...except Zelda , that could take some time =(

Thanks...

Ring Nintendo Technical Support. You will most likely have to format your machine with the Wii software. Not sure how to do this though.

Do u play ur wii for hooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrsssssssssssss on end?

does the system battery have anything to do with the on board memory just thought removing the battery may sort something or is it just there to save date and time etc

nah... played like 2 hours the last time.

don't feel like opening and screwing the Wii up in any state, think I'll just send it in and demand a new one. (if not they will get a closer view on my 12 gauge shotgun:D )

you dont have to take the wii apart to take the system there is one screw on the side next the wii serial number thats where the battery is

Hmm the battery on a PC just keeps the time/date and some bios settings, there is a seperate motherboard jumper for a factory reset.

Might be worth a try though, can't make it any worse than it is :|

Let us know houw you get on.

yeah I found the battery... no stress taking it out either. Just forgot it at work :sad:

Back