"The system files are corrupted..."

Frost392

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2007
okay so quite frequently when i turn on my wii now i get this message

"The system files are corrupted.
Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual
for help troubleshooting."

so this message comes up a lot but nothing is corrupted, all my saves are still in tact and all i do is restart my consoles to get playing, im thinking this might not happen if i update the firmware? but im not sure...anyone else getting this message or know how to fix it or where i can find out?

thanks...

PS: sorry if there is already a post about this, i check nintendos site and this forum but couldnt find anything

EDIT: yeah i did find some stuff...forgot about the search engine thing but oh well

Last edited:
yeah i found other people getting the same problem but they actually lost their files, so i dunno what to do...i already beat zelda and im sick of wii sports so even if i lose my stuff i wont care too much :p

Frost392 said:
okay so quite frequently when i turn on my wii now i get this message

"The system files are corrupted.
Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual
for help troubleshooting."

so this message comes up a lot but nothing is corrupted, all my saves are still in tact and all i do is restart my consoles to get playing, im thinking this might not happen if i update the firmware? but im not sure...anyone else getting this message or know how to fix it or where i can find out?

thanks...

PS: sorry if there is already a post about this, i check nintendos site and this forum but couldnt find anything

EDIT: yeah i did find some stuff...forgot about the search engine thing but oh well

god hates you :devil:

I get the same message and, at the same time, none of my files seem to be damaged. I tried on asking where I bought my nintendo, but the people here seem to know nothing, by the way, I'm from Chile. So, I'd also like to know if theres something I did wrong for this to have happened, and what must I do to deal with the problem. It may not be of any inconvinience right now, but I don't want this thing to bug me later on.
I know that this thread may have been posted lot's of times before, but I couldn't find any type of answer from you guys back then, so I'd like to see if anyone can help us, now.

yeah dude i just dont want this affecting my wii at a later time so i want to get it resolved now, ill be trying a few things today to fix it, ill post what i did and what the results were later

some Wii's have a bad memory i believe. Maybe u should try to get a new one, or possibly a firmware update could solve it. dunno.

okay heres the catch, everyone who has this problem this should be some help to you...

i spoke with nintendo and they said this is a very serious issue, whether its effecting my system or not, they said there is no way for my to fix it myself without voiding the warrenty and possibly breaking the machine so i was given 2 options:

Option 1: they send me some labels and then i use those labels to send my console in to nintendo and they fix it and send it back to me (given there could be a small chance they dont encounter the error and think its fixed)

Option 2: i give them my credit card number and they send me a brand new wii and once i recieve that i put the old one into the box and send it back to them

the credit card is not charged for the new wii unless it takes over 21 days for them to get the old one back

that happened to me too.
What number did you call? Did you try format it?I don't know what I should do.
Please help.

Go to Nintendo's site and get the contact number... Failing that, check your manual, the number will be in there! Sounds like you need to do the same as those above and get a new one sent, followed by sending your faulty one back.

yeah i live about 20min away from a nintendo place so i just brought my wii in there, he put a disc into it that brought up some sort of DOS thing and he was lookin through it and went oh "oh jeez thats not good" so he just gave me a new wii and transfered all my files to it

Looks like i need to do this. I havent played mine, in about a month now?

Always scared i would get the screen again.

I'll give nintendo a call.

Back