Wii games MUCH easier than earlier Nintendo games?

lattes

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2007
When I got my Wii I though that was the case, SMG is tons of fun but really is pretty easy but I thought it might have had something to do with the fact that when I was playing SMB, SMB2 and SMB3 I was 9-10 years old and didn't have the dexterity or mental capacity that I have now so those games seemed easier.

Well I downloaded SMB3 for NES and MAN is it ever a lot harder than SMG. You have to finish an entire level without dying to be able to save to the next level and you get so few 1ups that it makes it quite a lot more challenging.

Other games like MOH H2 are also incredibly easy, even SSBB on intense is a lot easier to get through than SMB3.

Anyone else have the same experience?

Its not just nintendo that does this, its the whole industry. If you can beat a game fast, you will move on to the next game. This means more sales. Even for a game of this generation, SMG is easy.

Yes sadly this is true.
But HEY - if you guys want to get your asses rocked into a whimpering puddle of tears, then I highly recommend CONTRA 4 for the DS.
I myself am a videogame warrior from the NES era and can stomp just about any game I come across and well......Contra 4 had me on the verge of an aneurysm and a 1/2 second from smashing my DS into a million pieces.
It is F#$%ING HAAAAAARD. No joke.

But also realistically, to get all 120 stars was pretty difficult as well, to 'beat' the game was easy but some of those purple coin challenges were pretty insane. Like 'Luigi's Purple Coins' and that final one on the ship that auto-scrolls....ridiculous.
Metroid Prime 3 was too easy, No More Heroes was fairly easy onece you got the hang of it....on and on.
Contra 4 though....*shudder*....

Bring back the old school difficulty of games such as Kid Icarus or Battletoads or even better at least give us a difficulty level!

I thought getting all 120 stars in SMG was also a decent challenge, which was actually a surprise. But yeah, it's games across the board. The one thing I can't stand is the "one size fits all" difficulty settings on some games. At least give us a choice. The more mass market games become the more the hardcore are left out. It seems that game makers are looking at the casual players as their target audience more and more. Thank goodness for online multiplayer.

Blame their new target audience.

ragewiiuw9.jpg

Its more of becoming a better gamer really (at least for me), most games I play now have challenges but are not overly tough. Back in the N64 days I had trouble with Super Mario 64, and Ocarina Of Time. Download them now via Virtual Console and well they are really quite easy.

I do agree though to a certain extent that some games are made easier, but they are not too easy. The new feel of games is due to the new audience of gamers like already pointed out.

Just remember the NES days. Little to no save feature whatsoever. Meaning, once that game goes in, that was your only chance to beat it (after blowing into the cart and hitting the system with your knee to solve the blinking problems).

I recently beat Final Fantasy 12 and the thing I hated the most about it is when you were exploring a place that might be hard to get out of. When you save it, it would say "It might not be easy to get out of this place, it is recommended that you save this game on a different file" or something along those lines. Give us the opportunity to explore instead of giving us that stupid comment! If we mess up, then it's our own faults. Don't tell us how to play the game in the game!

thats why they have harder modes.(except loztp)
i mean ssbb has intense.
mp3 has hyper
radiant dawn has(forgot the name of it)
and smg has all those HARD challenges( beat mole with only 1/3 of life, which means you cant get hit ONCE or you`ll die.

what nintys trying to do is make it fun for noobs and make it challenging and bring back memories for veterans. Sooo...,i REALLY don`t see an issue.

kayaker067 said:
OR is it that youall are just becoming better gamers?

See I don't think so, like I said, I downloaded SMB3 for NES on the virtual console and it is solidly more difficult than SMG or MOH H2, I am still working on SMG but only because I play it for 2-3 days for a half hour at a time and get two stars and then play something else so it is taking me a while, but I figure I average about 10 - 15 minutes per star and really often I don't lose a single life though an entire level and it is a new level, then there is the fact that I once had 68 lives saved up in SMG and I have heard of people having over 100, my bet is that there isn't a person on the planet who ever had over 100 lives in SMB3 for NES.

lattes said:
See I don't think so, like I said, I downloaded SMB3 for NES on the virtual console and it is solidly more difficult than SMG or MOH H2, I am still working on SMG but only because I play it for 2-3 days for a half hour at a time and get two stars and then play something else so it is taking me a while, but I figure I average about 10 - 15 minutes per star and really often I don't lose a single life though an entire level and it is a new level, then there is the fact that I once had 68 lives saved up in SMG and I have heard of people having over 100, my bet is that there isn't a person on the planet who ever had over 100 lives in SMB3 for NES.

ive had over 100 lives on smb3. maybe its just me but i like to ACTUALLY get my moneys worth and take games slow.
p.s its really good to do it when youve bought over 500 dollars eirth of games.-yeah i did it when i got my wii.(japanese wii)
i mean wat LOSER waits inline for a midnight launch?
p.s i have an english one too.

p.s(yes AGAIN) if you save up your money, you dont have to worry about bs like this. thats wat harder modes are for.

Back